• The KillerFrogs

DMN: TCU to have a ‘major announcement’, will reportedly name Saarloos

flyfishingfrog

You’ve got some awful dope here. Jim was NEVER staying here no matter what. It had nothing to do with TCU and really nothing to with A&M. He needed be somewhere else for reasons we’re all aware of.
yeah - you keep saying that. and I realize you are all knowing. But most people don't lie your face very often and he never did in all the years I knew him - so I know what he said to me and when he said it. He also told a few others the exact same thing over the last year - so it was not my imagination. I spent the weekend with another couple who he spent a ton of time with over the last year that he told the same thing.

Plus I find it hard to understand how a man who is determined to leave regardless puts down earnest money on a house he won't get back a few weeks later when he leaves...

So this "he wasn't staying line" is an opinion unless he looked you in the face and told you he decided a long time ago - in which case he lied to not only me but basically the guy who was his best friend....

Moose Stuff

yeah - you keep saying that. and I realize you are all knowing. But most people don't lie your face very often and he never did in all the years I knew him - so I know what he said to me and when he said it. He also told a few others the exact same thing over the last year - so it was not my imagination. I spent the weekend with another couple who he spent a ton of time with over the last year that he told the same thing.

Plus I find it hard to understand how a man who is determined to leave regardless puts down earnest money on a house he won't get back a few weeks later when he leaves...

So this "he wasn't staying line" is an opinion unless he looked you in the face and told you he decided a long time ago - in which case he lied to not only me but basically the guy who was his best friend....

It amuses me that you would sarcastically accuse someone else of being all knowing. I’ve talked to Jim a thousand times since he’s been at TCU. Where do you think I got my information from? Now if you want to say that he was lying to me…. hell if I know, maybe he was. Would be an odd thing to lie about.

Pharm Frog

Here’s a question I haven’t seen asked and answered: Who was making the decisions which pitcher to start, when to pull a pitcher, and who came in to replace?

westtexfrog

Here’s a question I haven’t seen asked and answered: Who was making the decisions which pitcher to start, when to pull a pitcher, and who came in to replace?
Good question, I would think ultimately it was Schlossnagle. He was the pitching coach at Tulane before he became HC at UNLV. It was my understanding he was known to be a pitchers coach. Moose and others closer probably have better insight.

PO Frog

Well he claimed to not coach the offense so I sure as hell hope he was making pitching decisions. Otherwise he was just making the practice schedule and bringing the PB and Js.

Moose Stuff

Well he claimed to not coach the offense so I sure as hell hope he was making pitching decisions. Otherwise he was just making the practice schedule and bringing the PB and Js.

Jim gave his assistants quite a bit of freedom to do their jobs. Hiring good assistants and trusting them was a strength is his.

flyfishingfrog

It amuses me that you would sarcastically accuse someone else of being all knowing. I’ve talked to Jim a thousand times since he’s been at TCU. Where do you think I got my information from? Now if you want to say that he was lying to me…. hell if I know, maybe he was. Would be an odd thing to lie about.
Actually the all knowing wasn’t sarcastic- I am well aware of where you got your info and meant it that you know more than anyone outside the staff

but then again - if he told you he was not staying no matter what we did - then he lied to someone

But at this point what he told me over a beer on a deck or you in his office after practice doesn’t really seem to matter - he’s gone and thankfully we got Saarloos locked up before California called again

Moose Stuff

Actually the all knowing wasn’t sarcastic- I am well aware of where you got your info and meant it that you know more than anyone outside the staff

but then again - if he told you he was not staying no matter what we did - then he lied to someone

But at this point what he told me over a beer on a deck or you in his office after practice doesn’t really seem to matter - he’s gone and thankfully we got Saarloos locked up before California called again

People often tell harmless lies in an attempt to perhaps paint themselves in a more positive light. Not ridiculous at all to me that he could have done that.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
People often tell harmless lies in an attempt to perhaps paint themselves in a more positive light. Not ridiculous at all to me that he could have done that.
He didn’t seem to be happy here (FW/TCU/whatever) any longer. Can’t fault a guy for trying to find happiness. I doubt he made the decision easily and I am sure part of him will always wonder if the decision was the right one.