• The KillerFrogs

DMN: TCU to have a ‘major announcement’, will reportedly name Saarloos

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

DMN: TCU to have a ‘major announcement’ about its baseball program Tuesday, will reportedly name Kirk Saarloos head coach

A week after watching its longtime baseball coach Jim Schlossnagle take a job at Texas A&M, TCU may be nearing the end of its search for his replacement.

In a statement late Monday night, the program said it will have a “major announcement regarding the TCU baseball program” at 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday. Kendall Rogers of D1Baseball.com reports that the expectation is TCU assistant coach and recruiting coordinator Kirk Saarloos will be named the program’s new head coach.

Read more at https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/t...nt-regarding-its-baseball-program-on-tuesday/

TCUdirtbag

Should have been done the day after Schloss said he was leaving IMO.

I will never understand why so many think college coaches are entitled to jobs overnight without even a moment of thought or a conversation.

A week for a university to think about what they want, talk to stakeholders, and—most importantly—figure out if the obvious choice has a strong desire and vision for the role is not much to ask. We can all survive a week without a head coach. Obviously hasn’t affected the outcome.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I will never understand why so many think college coaches are entitled to jobs overnight without even a moment of thought or a conversation.

A week for a university to think about what they want, talk to stakeholders, and—most importantly—figure out if the obvious choice has a strong desire and vision for the role is not much to ask. We can all survive a week without a head coach. Obviously hasn’t affected the outcome.
The AD either knew and was ready or not IMO. Waiting a week to name an internal candidate looks indecisive to me.

flyfishingfrog

The AD either knew and was ready or not IMO. Waiting a week to name an internal candidate looks indecisive to me.
wait - you think its odd that after "months" of preparing - because after all we were not caught flat footed and unprepared for Schloss leaving - that it took over a week to get a "yes" response and finalize contract terms with Saarloos?

I mean it's not like we hired a company to give us a list that every AD in the country has on their desk everyday for every major sport in case something happens.....

Or its not like that company spent all this time calling other coaches that surely "we knew we might want" and had already talked to about interest after months of preparing only to get told no - not interested....

Obviously we knew all the time we wanted to guy the next door down from Schloss - we just wanted to "look" like we were being cautious and careful and thoughtful and.....but we knew KS was the man a long time ago....

Because remember - we saw all this coming and were working on it for weeks/months.....

PurplFrawg

Administrator
How long did it take for the announcement of Gary Patterson after the Francione departure?
Franchione quit on December 1st, 2000. The team voted to keep him on as coach for the bowl game in Mobile, scheduled for December 20th. Hyman overturned the vote and told Franchione to take a hike after the "Red Tie" incident at the Heisman Ceremony on December 9th. So, pick your time frame, but it would seem to be almost seamless from the time Dennis was shown the door to Gary's selection as head coach.

SuperTFrog

Should have been done the day after Schloss said he was leaving IMO.
This is a lose lose. If you do that, people will complain that we rushed it. “How could we possibly not take our time with such a major decision. Classic Donati. He is a joke of an AD that doesn’t know how to wait and process things because he is a woke millennial”

I actually agree with you, just pointing out people will complain no matter what.

NewFrogFan

Based on what Moose said the other day that he isn't following Schloss to aTm I suspect the odds may be fairly high. I'm ambivalent on this decision, though. I know most want him gone, but I'm willing to see how things could change with KS at the helm rather than Schloss.

I wonder if KS in reviewing season just ended, tells BM, teach #7, 8, 9 how to bunt, really good. Next time we have runners 1st and 2nd, no outs, against say, Texas, move the runners, so that if.......there is a wild pitch, game is tied. Just wondering. Several teams going to Omaha I noticed didn’t wait till the 9th inning to do it.

I also think this is a HR hire that certainly prevents a total staff turnover.