• The KillerFrogs

POLL: After the loss of Schloss, who's next?

Poll: TCU's Next Baseball Coach

• Kirk Saarloos

Votes: 125 73.1%
  • Bill Mosiello

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Todd Whitting

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Dan Heefner

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • Cliff Godwin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above

Votes: 12 7.0%

• Total voters

ftwfrog

I’m on good authority we’re going to announce our baseball coach tomorrow. Voices telling me it won’t be Saarloos.

(Get to pat myself on the back either way)

wilson912

So what becomes of Coach Mo who seemingly is popular with the players? Does he join Schloss or does he remain with Saarloos assuming Coach KS wants him on the staff?

Frozen Frog

So what becomes of Coach Mo who seemingly is popular with the players? Does he join Schloss or does he remain with Saarloos assuming Coach KS wants him on the staff?

Pitchers don't always make the best managers or head coaches. Lots of thoughts on the issue including from several pitchers. The best argument as to why is that pitchers tend to be very focused on one dimension and ignore other areas of the game.

I would argue Mosiello's best move is to stick around with TCU baseball. Going to A&M is a huge risk. A&M has a history of taking care of coaches when they are good and taking care of the situation when they don't meet their lofty (usually impossible) expectations. There are going to be other opportunities for him if he wants a great head coaching job.

This also goes with another trend of hiring for MLB players in the college game. I think more than a few people are starting to see that you can move quickly from college to the Majors in a lot better conditions through playing college baseball. With the cuts to MiLB there aren't as many opportunities now to kick it around there.

Overall a very good move. Waiting a week was prudent. You never know who might be interested. Keeping the continuity provides stability which is probably what is need now. Time will tell if this is a great hire.