• The KillerFrogs

2021 Super Regional Thread

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
200.gif

Moose Stuff

Call it whatever you want to. I'm sick of espn always slobbering all over anything sec related. First football, now baseball. Sure the kid pitched a hell of game, but he didn't pitch good enough to win. HE gave up the go-ahead homerun, not anybody else.

Why not give some credit to NC State for coming back and winning the Super after getting curb stomped in the first game? Or give some credit to the NC State starter for shutting down the most powerful offense in the nation. But no that's too much for espn. even though they got sent packing.

I just assume you didn’t watch the game if you don’t think they gave NC St credit. Kevin Kopps is gonna win the Golden Spikes award by the way. He’s a relief pitcher. That’s like a kicker winning the Heisman. I can’t do justice with words to what his coach asked him to do this spring (and especially this postseason)
and what did in response.

NewFrogFan

Call it whatever you want to. I'm sick of espn always slobbering all over anything sec related. First football, now baseball. Sure the kid pitched a hell of game, but he didn't pitch good enough to win. HE gave up the go-ahead homerun, not anybody else.

Why not give some credit to NC State for coming back and winning the Super after getting curb stomped in the first game? Or give some credit to the NC State starter for shutting down the most powerful offense in the nation. But no that's too much for espn. even though they got sent packing.

I heard them say plenty about NC State after they won.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I just assume you didn’t watch the game if you don’t think they gave NC St credit. Kevin Kopps is gonna win the Golden Spikes award by the way. He’s a relief pitcher. That’s like a kicker winning the Heisman. I can’t do justice with words to what his coach asked him to do this spring (and especially this postseason)
I watched pretty much the entire game.

Look I'm not trying to take any credit away from what Kopps did this year. It's going down as one of the best seasons in ncaa history. The kid was phenomenal, no doubt about it.

I just feel like the top story should be more about NC State eliminating the #1 team in the country instead of the pitcher that took the loss.

Kopps story has been told all throughout the season as it wore on and will be told even more when he wins the Golden Spikes award. To me, this is NC State's time.

Last edited:

PurpleBlood87

Like a kicker winning the Heisman?
I'm going to disagree with that analogy.