• The KillerFrogs

POLL: After the loss of Schloss, who's next?

Poll: TCU's Next Baseball Coach

• Kirk Saarloos

Votes: 125 73.1%
  • Bill Mosiello

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Todd Whitting

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Dan Heefner

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • Cliff Godwin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above

Votes: 12 7.0%

• Total voters

Moose Stuff

I wonder who those candidates were.

Posted in other thread as well…. The only people I can imagine would have been in person are Kirk and Bill. Anyone else would still be playing. Perhaps they spoke over the phone with someone like Heefner but nobody is gonna admit that publicly for obvious reasons. Most signs are pointing to Kirk being the guy at this point. Not certain he’s the long term solution (not saying he isn’t) but hard to argue with the idea that he’s best for the immediate stability of the program. Just hope he takes to role and matures into what people think he can be.

CountryFrog

Posted in other thread as well…. The only people I can imagine would have been in person are Kirk and Bill. Anyone else would still be playing. Perhaps they spoke over the phone with someone like Heefner but nobody is gonna admit that publicly for obvious reasons. Most signs are pointing to Kirk being the guy at this point. Not certain he’s the long term solution (not saying he isn’t) but hard to argue with the idea that he’s best for the immediate stability of the program. Just hope he takes to role and matures into what people think he can be.
At least one person thinks Kirk can be the John Wooden of college baseball. So I'll hope he matures into what that person thinks he can be if he gets the job.

Moose Stuff

I think we will get an announcement tomorrow. KS is the alum choice but I hear Donati is pretty lukewarm on him. We shall see

Well if we get an announcement tomorrow it’s 99.99% gonna be Kirk. I’ve actually heard the opposite on how Donati feels about him but who knows. I had one person suggest that there are people in the administration that think Kirk was more responsible for Jim’s success than Jim was.

flyfishingfrog

Well if we get an announcement tomorrow it’s 99.99% gonna be Kirk. I’ve actually heard the opposite on how Donati feels about him but who knows. I had one person suggest that there are people in the administration that think Kirk was more responsible for Jim’s success than Jim was.
I have been told we will get an announcement tomorrow but not sure if that is a coach from the current or that we have moved on from the in house candidates- but it will we be definitive about them one way or another

Personally hoping with give Saarloos a shot - could be really special given how much the team buys into him

Moose Stuff

I have been told we will get an announcement tomorrow but not sure if that is a coach from the current or that we have moved on from the in house candidates- but it will we be definitive about them one way or another

Personally hoping with give Saarloos a shot - could be really special given how much the team buys into him

I’m told that’s the expectation but who knows.

flyfishingfrog

I think the team and the recruits will buy into Saarloos. I'm afraid we will lose quite a few if we change to someone else no matter who it is.
Sure we will if we go another direction but never as bad as everyone thinks and not convinced at all that should factor into the decision

But I do think the level of player support means he might get have an extra shell in his gun to help him as he learns to be a head coach - and with several assistants becoming HCs in college football - that full support and effort from the existing players has been a key to their transition to successful HCs

As has been reported elsewhere, Heefner is not going to be headed across town.

Desire is still to get this wrapped overall sooner vs. later. KS isn’t #1, but he’s not last either. He has some important folks pulling for him. The clock and calendar are in his favor.

All signs pointing to Saarloos at this point. Could get an announcement relatively soon.

As has been reported elsewhere, Heefner is not going to be headed across town.

Desire is still to get this wrapped overall sooner vs. later. KS isn’t #1, but he’s not last either. He has some important folks pulling for him. The clock and calendar are in his favor.

All signs pointing to Saarloos at this point. Could get an announcement relatively soon.
Saarloos isnt #1, but all signs point to him?
Now I’m confused