• The KillerFrogs

Schlossnagle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelfrog

Tier 1
No one who has paid any attention to the people here and elsewhere who know what they’re talking about (Moose, GSR, etc.). It’s pretty much everywhere now that the dude wanted to move on. Not solely because of anything TCU did or didn’t do, but because he wanted a hard reset—professionally and personally.

Donati had no chance of convincing Schloss to stay. Aggy made him an acceptable offer, and that’s all he wanted—an acceptable lateral offer to hit reset somewhere else.

scheiss him for bailing and scheiss him for going to Aggy of all places. But, in truth, were I in his place I’d probably want to reset too.
Yep, the impact of the Kami situation cannot be overestimated.

WIN

I'm confused. There are two Schlosses? Which one did A&M hire? And if there are two, was this done through cloning or time travel? Makes sense as I have never seen them in the same room... no wait
And for the record I never wanted to sleep with Schloss (either one), nttawwt.

pre-divorce/post-divorce?

steelfrog

Tier 1
I can't say I blame Schloss for wanting a reset.

I wanted a reset after my divorce (over 50 years ago), but unfortunately my reset was provided by an involuntary 2-year stint in the US Army. The good news is the reset did work.

However, I can't help but believe at least a part of Schloss' desire for a reset came as a direct result of the constant complaining heaped upon him by disgruntled alums with unrealistic expectations. However, to be perfectly fair - he's going to encounter a whole lot more of that in Aggieville than he has in Fort Worth.

None of us will ever know what his true motivation is, but for those who shrug and say, "Oh, well, let him go. Who cares?" - let's see what they say a couple of years from now. Be careful what you wish for...

Until and unless TCU makes a headline-grabbing hire I think this is a potentially major disaster for the baseball program. However, I will continue to scream...

Go Frogs!
Look, based on what Steel knows, which certainly isn't everything, the situation was untenable personally. There was no real professional angst, and he certainly isn't impacted in the least by grumbling fans on this board or anywhere else.

He's lived in the same place for nearly 20 years and his marriage soured without his knowing it and then his ex slapped him up side the head with what was to him a totally unexpected divorce, and she had already recruited most of their circle of friends (the women anyways) to her side. hell, apparently many of them encouraged her to do it to get her payday; that's the type of people we're talking about. A fairly ungrateful person looking for a payday, encouraged and supported by a circle of gold diggers. So, the idea of him sticking around with all those people floating around? No. Not going to happen. He would probably literally take less money to make a move.

Hemingway

Look, based on what Steel knows, which certainly isn't everything, the situation was untenable personally. There was no real professional angst, and he certainly isn't impacted in the least by grumbling fans on this board or anywhere else.

He's lived in the same place for nearly 20 years and his marriage soured without his knowing it and then his ex slapped him up side the head with what was to him a totally unexpected divorce, and she had already recruited most of their circle of friends (the women anyways) to her side. hell, apparently many of them encouraged her to do it to get her payday; that's the type of people we're talking about. A fairly ungrateful person looking for a payday, encouraged and supported by a circle of gold diggers. So, the idea of him sticking around with all those people floating around? No. Not going to happen. He would probably literally take less money to make a move.

im amazed he made it as long he did now. At least he was respectful and didn’t start going after co-eds.

Frog DJ

I think this is framing most people's position position incorrectly. The reality is that, almost entirely due to circumstances outside of TCU's control, we were never going to have the Schloss of the first 15 years at TCU ever again. Whether it be because he didn't want to try to work it out anymore, he couldn't possibly work it out anymore, or some combination thereof, that ship had sailed and he wasn't ever going to be the same for us.

With that reality at play, the question became whether or not a not-fully-focused Schloss would be better or worse than the best person we could find to replace him. We can't compare the replacement to the Schloss of 2017 and prior b/c that's not the Schloss who left us. We compare the new guy to the Schloss of the last three years to determine whether or not we ended up in a better place after Schloss left.

To be clear, I think the new guys does need to be measured against the Schloss of 2017 and prior when it comes to renewing his contract. The expectation here should always be to win, get to Omaha, and win our fair share up there. But we can hire a guy who doesn't get us to Omaha who ends up being better for us than Schloss has been the last few years.

I don't think most here are as flippant about Schloss leaving as the quoted text makes it seem. It's not like anybody really thinks we can find coaches who can win with the regularity Schloss did growing on trees. But most here realize you can't pull a Baylor and make the girl sleep with you if she doesn't want to and Schloss was done with us. At that point, you pick up the pieces and do the best you can with no ragrets. I think that's the perspective of the majority around here.
I couldn’t agree more. That’s why I didn’t use the words “most” or “majority.”

I only said, “...those who...” and there’s plenty of evidence to back that up.

As I said, we’ll never know for sure what his motivation is, but I just hate to see the winningest coach in TCU history leave - whatever the reason.

Go Frogs!

Last edited:

NewFrogFan

I could be a Pastor, Priest, Rabbi, Mullah, etc etc if I were to divulge all the marital stories I have heard at 30-40k feet from DFW, all over the world the last 34 years!

I'm so confused. When I first heard rumors 3 years ago or so I heard it was her fault. But over the past couple months the conjecture on this board was it was his. Now you're saying it was her.

Thanks [ hundin]! (The ex wife, not Steelfrog)

steelfrog

Tier 1
I'm so confused. When I first heard rumors 3 years ago or so I heard it was her fault. But over the past couple months the conjecture on this board was it was his. Now you're saying it was her.
Nobody said anything about whose fault it was. However it is a fact that she initiated, it was a huge surprise to Schloss. Anything beyond that in terms of fault is sheer speculation. Steel only knows something about Schloss’ take on it and he blamed her group of gold digging friends. He was devastated by it seemingly

CountryFrog

I'm confused. There are two Schlosses? Which one did A&M hire? And if there are two, was this done through cloning or time travel? Makes sense as I have never seen them in the same room... no wait
And for the record I never wanted to sleep with Schloss (either one), nttawwt.
I believe the Loki series on Disney+ will provide the answers on multiple Schlosses'ses

LisaLT

Nobody said anything about whose fault it was. However it is a fact that she initiated, it was a huge surprise to Schloss. Anything beyond that in terms of fault is sheer speculation. Steel only knows something about Schloss’ take on it and he blamed her group of gold digging friends. He was devastated by it seemingly
Is she a gold digger? I gotta say, from the outside, JD seems very vanilla and maybe his work was more important than his relationship? She got bored?

Status
Not open for further replies.