• The KillerFrogs

Schlossnagle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueduck313

The Houston Chronicle reports his new salary at 1.25million. So is he taking 200k less to coach at that [ Finebaum ] hole of a school. Something is not adding up for sure. Did he hate the administration that much

PurpleBlood87

People who wear cargo shorts who aren’t actively on a wilderness trip should lose the right to vote.

These aren't made for wilderness trips.
The material is way too thin and just two extra pockets in front. Made by Reebok. I like them because I can put my glasses case in the front pocket.

PurpleBlood87

Was talking to three Rice Alumni at Saturday's elimination game and they said the reason Berkman was out was his stand on this issue.
Doesn't go over well at woke liberal Rice.
They also said Rice wants to put up a statue of Wayne Graham but has told them no. Graham doesn't like the way he left Rice and the fact that he wasn't allowed to handpick his successor.

HFrog12

So Rice doesn’t go for LB because he doesn’t have the experience but does this? Nothing more from me on this topic because I’ve always liked the Cruz family so I hope he does well. Rice needs it.

Rice hosed up that whole deal not hiring LB. It would have been a home run from a recruiting standpoint. Agree that the Cruz family is good people but so is Berkman. Hope both do well.

flyfishingfrog

The Houston Chronicle reports his new salary at 1.25million. So is he taking 200k less to coach at that [ #2020 ] hole of a school. Something is not adding up for sure. Did he hate the administration that much
Assuming that is base - his base here wasn’t that high

but he got bonuses for lots of things like conference champion, tournament champion, regionals, super regionals, CWS, grad rates, team gpa, etc so he always made more than his base

you’re out of the loop (again!) - schloss got in the crosshairs of administration / BoT - his whining about poor resources and openly interviewing elsewhere punched his own ticket for no further contract extensions given the other issues
Then why did TCU offer JS an extension to 2028 that would have made him one of the highest paid coaches in the country?

Talking out of your butt again I see.

TCUdirtbag

Look at the word “salary” and understand that he’s now at a public school.

The contract will come out soon and we’ll know. Texas publics don’t/can’t hide comp, so I’m not sure I get your comment.

I fully suspect we will be underwhelmed by the salary figure. He didn’t leave for $. This is like the Chris Beard to UT deal: Tech offered Beard more money and more years. Didn’t matter—he wanted the shiny new job.

Pharm Frog

The contract will come out soon and we’ll know. Texas publics don’t/can’t hide comp, so I’m not sure I get your comment.

I fully suspect we will be underwhelmed by the salary figure. He didn’t leave for $. This is like the Chris Beard to UT deal: Tech offered Beard more money and more years. Didn’t matter—he wanted the shiny new job.

As Fly mentioned above...salary is not total compensation. And I agree, this wasn’t about money.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

Side-deals with shoe companies and the like are not matters of public record, IIRC. Those deals are far more lucrative at a larger program.

TCUdirtbag

As Fly mentioned above...salary is not total compensation. And I agree, this wasn’t about money.

I didn’t pull up the Chronicle piece, but even if A&M slices up base salary and rights fees, most sports reporters know to add the two (salary would be 1/4 to 1/5 of the reported 1.25, which tells me they already added the two or it was reported to them combined, as is typical).

Pharm Frog

I didn’t pull up the Chronicle piece, but even if A&M slices up base salary and rights fees, most sports reporters know to add the two (salary would be 1/4 to 1/5 of the reported 1.25, which tells me they already added the two or it was reported to them combined, as is typical).

Stopped reading at “most sports reporters know”. But again...even if it’s total comp with risk compensation and everything included, it’s a powerful amount of money and this was never about the money.

Pharm Frog

Looks like Florida has found their coach. I only know a couple of true FL baseball fans and both are apoplectic (and have been for about 5 days)

Frozen Frog

As for shoe deals and other incentives most of those have gone away for individual coaches. Those deals tend to be department wide now. It does create problems when your main apparel and shoe company isn't able to provide a line all sports a school sponsors.

Status
Not open for further replies.