• The KillerFrogs

POLL: After the loss of Schloss, who's next?

Poll: TCU's Next Baseball Coach

• Kirk Saarloos

Votes: 125 73.1%
  • Bill Mosiello

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Todd Whitting

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Dan Heefner

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • Cliff Godwin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above

Votes: 12 7.0%

• Total voters

tcumaniac

Why does it seem odd? Everyone that knows him loves the guy, and they're going to bat (pun) for him. Pretty straightforward, IMO.
Maybe so. I could certainly be reading too much into it.

For additional context, people seem to believe that Saarloos had been told for a while now that he would be the next HC were Schloss to leave.

Now they’re doing a national search, which I believe is appropriate, even if they still planned to ultimately hire Saarloos...but Jeremy Clark posted that he was told not to expect Saarloos to get the job.

Seems to me, and I could be wrong, that Saarloos had been promised the job, for some reason that has changed, and now people are publicly campaigning for Donati to reconsider.

Pharm Frog

Maybe so. I could certainly be reading too much into it.

For additional context, people seem to believe that Saarloos had been told for a while now that he would be the next HC were Schloss to leave.

Now they’re doing a national search, which I believe is appropriate, even if they still planned to ultimately hire Saarloos...but Jeremy Clark posted that he was told not to expect Saarloos to get the job.

Seems to me, and I could be wrong, that Saarloos had been promised the job, for some reason that has changed, and now people are publicly campaigning for Donati to reconsider.

Publically??? Haven’t seen that. But if a “promise” was made that someone would be your next head coach, then the AD needs to move on down the road.

FWSTC Hfrog

Red Flag Warning: JD will use the "assistance of a search firm". This shows that JD had no back up plan for Schloss' leaving. Otherwise, why would the University want to spend 100K+ to do one of the tasks of the AD unless they had no faith in his ability to make a selection. If your AD doesn't have the network and connections to make a coaching hire and put his own head on the line, then in my opinion he is in the wrong job. If you are the head of an athletic department and not have a "list"(a long list) tucked away, then maybe the University should use that search firm for an additional opening or at the very least take that into consideration when extension time rolls around.

I haven't been a JD basher, but I guess I have crossed that line with this news.

Pharm Frog

Red Flag Warning: JD will use the "assistance of a search firm". This shows that JD had no back up plan for Schloss' leaving. Otherwise, why would the University want to spend 100K+ to do one of the tasks of the AD unless they had no faith in his ability to make a selection. If your AD doesn't have the network and connections to make a coaching hire and put his own head on the line, then in my opinion he is in the wrong job. If you are the head of an athletic department and not have a "list"(a long list) tucked away, then maybe the University should use that search firm for an additional opening or at the very least take that into consideration when extension time rolls around.

I haven't been a JD basher, but I guess I have crossed that line with this news.

So freaking stupid and dereliction of duty.

EDIT: If true.

That’s nothing more than “coach speak” language. Don’t be trying to pick pepper out of fly [ Finebaum ].

Pharm Frog

I’d say yes since I was told Friday night of the regional by one of the kids best friends that he was gone and it was done

I was being facetious but I know it’s been in the locker room since at least early May and I’d have to assume earlier then that by who and how I was told.

CountryFrog

I was being facetious but I know it’s been in the locker room since at least early May and I’d have to assume earlier then that by who and how I was told.
I would imagine it's been in the locker room to varying extents ever since the Miss St flirtation. Whether factual or just rumors and gossip. There's no way players haven't been talking about it amongst themselves.