• The KillerFrogs

New baseball stadium location?

Realtorfrog

TRWD owns it and is waiting on federal funds if they ever fix it up. My guess is that they'll eventually sell it to a developer that is somehow connected to the Olivers running the TRVA and it will help pay off Matt's DWI habit.
Nolan wanted to buy it but said person at the city offered no incentives so he passed. Hopefully they can try again, not sure if Ryan has walked.

FWTFrog

I'd love to be able to move to LaGrave, but I would worry we would lose some of the environment that comes with having an on-campus stadium. In an ideal world, we could buy some of the land that is part of the tennis facility from the city of fort worth.

Paul in uhh

I'd love to be able to move to LaGrave, but I would worry we would lose some of the environment that comes with having an on-campus stadium. In an ideal world, we could buy some of the land that is part of the tennis facility from the city of fort worth.
Tcu doesn’t own all of that land? Seems like it would be easy to borrow from a few of the 30 or so tennis courts they have over there

froginmn

I didn’t agree with Jim Wright on anything, but at least he knew how to bring the Pork home.
tenor.gif

FWTFrog

Tcu doesn’t own all of that land? Seems like it would be easy to borrow from a few of the 30 or so tennis courts they have over there

From what I understand is that it is owned by the city of Fort Worth which is why there hasn't been major renovations to the player facilities.

Fort Frog

I’m surprised also TCU doesn’t own all the land. Get busy TCU, buy the land and expand lupton to Amon carter quality and there it’s done!

Nolan wanted to buy it but said person at the city offered no incentives so he passed. Hopefully they can try again, not sure if Ryan has walked.

I'm 100% certain the people pulling the strings have no intentions of baseball ever being played there. 7+ is a lot of commercial/residential development. For some reason the figure of $14M comes to.mind but I may be way off. I do find it laughable that the improvements are even valued by the county just under 700k and the entire parcel value is roughly 3M.

ftwfrog

La Grave Field housed an independent league baseball team, and their best draw was cheap beers and cheap tickets.

20 mins away you have the greatest baseball players in the world playing at Globe Life Field(before you make the joke, we can reference the visiting team). An hour away you have the Frisco Roughriders (AA), you’ve got another independent league team in Cleburne, an independent ballpark in Grand Prairie that now houses a cricket team (I’m not kidding). For a short time they used the ballpark in Weatherford for the Texas Collegiate League, 04-07. Just a lot of baseball, and competing teams in a small area. La Grave Field is cool, but there’s no need to reinvent baseball there. The best opportunity we had was building the Rangers ballpark there a few years ago and that was a pipe dream.