• The KillerFrogs

Schlossnagle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcudoc

“I am extremely excited to get things started in Aggieland, and I am humbled by this incredible opportunity,” Schlossnagle said in a statement. “With the resources and facilities available at this world-class university, the foundation is here to win championships and make the 12th Man a regular visitor to Omaha.”

https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article251965093.html#storylink=cpy
The 12th Man thing is football and does not apply in baseball. It is simple math. Plus, it is a Seattle Seahawk thing. What does it have to do with TAMU?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
So was the price tag for the new admin building. Are we really poor mouthing like it’s 1996?
Have you wandered through campus? Damned near everything is new. Place is absolutely changed from my student days of the very-early 80s. All of that cost money. A lot of it. And since TCU avoids debt, they passed the hat to the Alumni to fund it. The ACS "Upgrade" was expensive, but the re-build of the Campus may well have been much, much more. I do not know, but I can guesstimate. V. Bo has been balancing the needs of the University as a whole with the demands of Athletics, and it is a very careful juggling act: Chainsaws, grapefruit, and a whiffleball. Maybe even a spinning plate or two.

The other fact is that The Lup is only 17 years old. While the Rangers and Cowboys go through Stadiums every 10 years or so, they have the stupid City of Arlington (and it's taxpayers) to finance it for them. I am sure that the Administration is leery about entering into discussions about building a whole new facility, paid for by the same donors who have seen the donation plate come around several times now, in this time of tumultuous financial instability and potential inflation*.

A great deal of money has flowed into TCU, and many other Universities, over the past decade. With these expansions, and the vast expansion of tuition, many feel that there is a Great Reckoning on the horizon for higher education as a whole. With this uncertainty looming on the horizon, I can see their reluctance to make such a move. Donati in particular would have a tough time, given that the East Side funding and ticket sales did not live up to expectations and dragged on longer than anyone thought. He would have to woo already reluctant donors to get out their checkbooks yet again, and he's not nearly the Sideshow Hustler that CDC was. It's a toughie.

I do not believe that we're entering a new and horrible repeat of the 90s, where nobody wanted to fund things. I think there is a desire there, but it is tempered by the harsh realities of the present.

*Really, in terms of interest rates, looming inflation, and ease of good customers getting credit, now would be the time to take on such debt. Pay it off in "ten cent dollars" in 20 years...

Wexahu

Have you wandered through campus? Damned near everything is new. Place is absolutely changed from my student days of the very-early 80s. All of that cost money. A lot of it. And since TCU avoids debt, they passed the hat to the Alumni to fund it. The ACS "Upgrade" was expensive, but the re-build of the Campus may well have been much, much more. I do not know, but I can guesstimate. V. Bo has been balancing the needs of the University as a whole with the demands of Athletics, and it is a very careful juggling act: Chainsaws, grapefruit, and a whiffleball. Maybe even a spinning plate or two.

The other fact is that The Lup is only 17 years old. While the Rangers and Cowboys go through Stadiums every 10 years or so, they have the stupid City of Arlington (and it's taxpayers) to finance it for them. I am sure that the Administration is leery about entering into discussions about building a whole new facility, paid for by the same donors who have seen the donation plate come around several times now, in this time of tumultuous financial instability and potential inflation*.

A great deal of money has flowed into TCU, and many other Universities, over the past decade. With these expansions, and the vast expansion of tuition, many feel that there is a Great Reckoning on the horizon for higher education as a whole. With this uncertainty looming on the horizon, I can see their reluctance to make such a move. Donati in particular would have a tough time, given that the East Side funding and ticket sales did not live up to expectations and dragged on longer than anyone thought. He would have to woo already reluctant donors to get out their checkbooks yet again, and he's not nearly the Sideshow Hustler that CDC was. It's a toughie.

I do not believe that we're entering a new and horrible repeat of the 90s, where nobody wanted to fund things. I think there is a desire there, but it is tempered by the harsh realities of the present.

*Really, in terms of interest rates, looming inflation, and ease of good customers getting credit, now would be the time to take on such debt. Pay it off in "ten cent dollars" in 20 years...

And the athletic department is getting a $40M check every year from the B12 instead of $2-3M we were getting pre-2011. Seems like the more money they make, the more they need. Being rich is expensive!

MTfrog5

I will say I would not hate the idea of KS at all if he is passionate and has a fire towards being the head guy. I also think he’d be involved recruiting more than the average head coach.

steelfrog

Tier 1

Steel is with you on most of this except that universities as they currently operate are going to go the way of the dodo bird. Some schools are getting ahead of it like Arizona State with well-developed online degree and non degree continuing education programs. Schools that keep spending money erecting dogcrap buildings will find themselves repurposing said buildings, or tearing them down

Status
Not open for further replies.