• The KillerFrogs

Schlossnagle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogfrog

I don't know that a remodel is really possible, given the elements of the present structure. It was expanded recently, but the core structure is not something that can be fiddled with.

The issue is likely that if you want to improve, you have to start from scratch. The price tag for that is awfully high for an Alumni base that is fairly tapped out already, not to mention the present prices for basic construction staples.

So was the price tag for the new admin building. Are we really poor mouthing like it’s 1996?

Farmfrog

I can post this now that the news has broken but a friend of mine is a good friend of coach’s and he told me last week that if Aggie wanted him he would take it. I was told that Jim felt he needed a change of scenery and wanted to stay in Texas if possible.

My thought is TCU will be fine. I hope we at least talk to Heefner but Saarloos should be a nice hire.

Moose Stuff

Moose I heard from a scout that Schloss got a rep for wearing his pitchers arms out, is that something people in your profession believe or just the scout I know giving me crap? He knows his stuff so I was curious if it was a widely held belief or not.

No

CardFrog

I feel it is pretty common that when a major coaching change takes place that even though there may be a clear favorite/front runner, that optically you "act" like there is a national search just in case something comes along that you weren't expecting. With that said it seems that some of the players and alumni of the program back KS and that is good enough for me.

Endless Purple

I am more of the mindset that Donati should not have done all in his power to make JS stay. That happened with Dixon and he does not seem all that committed to basketball. If JS wanted out for whatever reason, letting him go and moving on is far better than doing everything possible to make him stay.

I support the TCU baseball program, and if that means a new coach is the better option than so be it. One that wants to be here 100%.

No hard feeling towards JS. Sometimes It really is time to move on and get a fresh start. There is more to life than just your job.

Pharm Frog

I feel it is pretty common that when a major coaching change takes place that even though there may be a clear favorite/front runner, that optically you "act" like there is a national search just in case something comes along that you weren't expecting. With that said it seems that some of the players and alumni of the program back KS and that is good enough for me.

I think this is a pretty common route. It's not one I agree with however. In this case there was no surprise and if there was, then we have the wrong AD for 100% sure. So if he wasn't doing his due diligence before, I have no faith that he'd do so now. AND, if you are going to go inside and the "outside search" is pretty much placating and window dressing, do the right thing by KS and hire him AND hold the presser before Ag does, say you got your man to lead us to better heights and announce that he's getting even more resources to go to war with. But if you are dead set on going internal....DO IT before you lose that option too.

I am more of the mindset that Donati should not have done all in his power to make JS stay. That happened with Dixon and he does not seem all that committed to basketball. If JS wanted out for whatever reason, letting him go and moving on is far better than doing everything possible to make him stay.

I support the TCU baseball program, and if that means a new coach is the better option than so be it. One that wants to be here 100%.

No hard feeling towards JS. Sometimes It really is time to move on and get a fresh start. There is more to life than just your job.

I agree with this.

flyfishingfrog

My post was in reference to KS as HC, Mo as hitting coach, and Purke as pitching coach. If you think that is an optimal combination....so be it. I do not. I have nothing against KS at all. I do not think its a slam dunk hire though. May be the right one...may not be, But a hard pass on the OP suggestion of Purke as pitching coach.
we have to have another recruiter on the staff to help Mo if Saarloos will be the HC - so no way Purke is ready for that even if he is ready to help "coach"

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I would imagine that any proposal to upgrade Lupton would be a "remodel" the way AGC was a "remodel". You can tell the tax-man whatever you want, but that's a new stadium in my eyes.
Well, I was not using "accountant-speak" when I described the likely process. Admittedly, a failure...

Paul in uhh

IMO saying they’ll conduct a full national search is SOP for TCU. Every tcu job has to be posted X number of days and so many candidates have to be interviewed for the bureaucrats within to be happy.

For all we know Kirk may have the job this morning but they can officially announce yet. We will see.

Farmfrog

I don’t like the way the ending came down but I’m still not going to act like a butthurt Tech fan. I’m sure he’ll do a good job there but I won’t care one bit.

In the end I’m thankful for all he did for TCU baseball and won’t forget it but now I’ll back the next guy in the job.

Moose Stuff

I don’t like the way the ending came down but I’m still not going to act like a butthurt Tech fan. I’m sure he’ll do a good job there but I won’t care one bit.

In the end I’m thankful for all he did for TCU baseball and won’t forget it but now I’ll back the next guy in the job.

I root for complete failure for every Aggie program. That won’t change.

Status
Not open for further replies.