• The KillerFrogs

Schlossnagle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pharm Frog

Just because it’s the east hire doesn’t mean it’s the wrong hire. Not sure what you’ve got against KS but the guy has done a tremendous job here, been highly sought after, provides program continuity in regards to alumni connections and overall culture, knows the ins and outs of the challenges of this job. It’s a home run hire. Just because it’s easy doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be done.

My post was in reference to KS as HC, Mo as hitting coach, and Purke as pitching coach. If you think that is an optimal combination....so be it. I do not. I have nothing against KS at all. I do not think its a slam dunk hire though. May be the right one...may not be, But a hard pass on the OP suggestion of Purke as pitching coach.

Frozen Frog

Prediction….. 5 years from now our baseball program is better than A&M’s.

Well if recent history is any indication then A&M is a great place to end a career. Trying to think of a major coach recently that has had long term success there or after leaving.

jake102

My post was in reference to KS as HC, Mo as hitting coach, and Purke as pitching coach. If you think that is an optimal combination....so be it. I do not. I have nothing against KS at all. I do not think its a slam dunk hire though. May be the right one...may not be, But a hard pass on the OP suggestion of Purke as pitching coach.

Purke absolutely should not be the pitching coach.

First Tee Frog

Maybe maybe not. Saarloos has seen what purke’s ability and potential as a coach are day in and day out for awhile now. If he thinks he can be the guy then I’m on board. Also you’ve been digging at hiring KS for over a week now. We’re gonna look around and that should be enough for you. At the end of the day KS should be the hire.

wilson912

I guess i don’t follow why his divorce causes him to have to leave. Yes, the divorce is a shame but was he the “bad guy” ie Kami bears no responsibility.

#onward

Pharm Frog

Maybe maybe not. Saarloos has seen what purke’s ability and potential as a coach are day in and day out for awhile now. If he thinks he can be the guy then I’m on board. Also you’ve been digging at hiring KS for over a week now. We’re gonna look around and that should be enough for you. At the end of the day KS should be the hire.

So KS is the absolute best available HC and you know that? You know that BEFORE you search? If so, pull the trigger. Hold the presser before Ag does.

HFrog1999

Can you spell our former pitching coaches name? It isn’t easy either but just remember all the vowels repeat and you will be fine

MXYZPTLK.gif

Pharm Frog

Why not talk to Jessica Mendoza about the job? Could probably get the faculty and administration to support a domed stadium and $3.2M salary with that hire. And she knows college baseball per ESPN.

Moose Stuff

Way less of a chance it’s Kirk than the average Frog fan assumes.

Bizarro Frog

I have a feeling we are going to be okay and this needed to happen. He lost the program years ago. There were a number of recruits that did not trust him and went elsewhere. We played against a few of them this year and would still be alive most likely if they had signed here.

Paint It Purple

Has anyone besides me wondered if our goofy unpredictable pitching this year started with the bullpen coach?

Kyle101011

Biggest thing is keeping the recruits we already have and to not lose anyone major to the transfer portal. If we do that we are at least 2022 top 3 Big 12 team/playoff team. That should be a great foundation for the next coach.

TXTXFrog

Way less of a chance it’s Kirk than the average Frog fan assumes.
Curious why you say that? I know in the baseball arena it has been pretty common knowledge that Saarloos was told he was the next head coach when Schlossnagle left. Likely why he has turned down other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.