• The KillerFrogs

Schlossnagle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froglaw

Billy Tubbs and I had a chance to talk post-TCU.

"Greatest job I ever had!"

No ill will toward Jim by me. It's his career.

I'll tell clients not to do certain things, practice with them, review material, but in the end it is their case.

90% screw up anyway (I never tell them and I always give them an A after testifying).

Schloss gets an A plus for his time at TCU.

My bet is he'll not like the ATM culture that will not tolerate losing.

Coach, you might consider renting a place in Bryan. Just my advice.

bp4tcu

Why would we want someone who hasn’t wanted to be here in two years?
Because he was successful?

The guy wins a conference championship, leaves, and suddenly he’s not good enough for us. Ironic he went to A&M because that’s aggie level delusion right there. I guess there’s a reason people call us Purple Aggie.

Paint this however y’all want but like I said, this is a big loss.

TCUdirtbag

To borrow from a great:

bleed purple or bleed out.

I loved him in purple. Wish him nothing but on-field and recruiting trail failure in maroon. I know he’ll do well, because he’s a great college baseball coach. But I hope we run-rule Aggie every time we run into him. To be clear, I’m not above booing him if he ever comes back to lupton. scheiss it, I won’t even try and spell his name right

Shlossnoggle is dead to me.

netty2424

Why would we want someone who hasn’t wanted to be here in two years?
I think both can be true.

I also have concerns that the tuition issues that Schloss has been complaining about for years will continue to be more and more of an issue as it continues to rise.

I don’t know how you get around that, but if I’m interviewing for this job, it’s a sticking point. Schloss had 20 years and a lot of success to sell to families as to why they had to pay to play. It’s going to take a big hire to be able to replicate that pitch.

froginmn

Not mad at the decision and wish him success in his personal life. Thanks for the memories, coach. Good luck with the sheep lovers and war hymns
screen-shot-2017-12-03-at-5-31-41-pm.jpg

jake102

To borrow from a great:

I loved him in purple. Wish him nothing but on-field and recruiting trail failure in maroon. I know he’ll do well, because he’s a great college baseball coach. But I hope we run-rule Aggie every time we run into him. To be clear, I’m not above booing him if he ever comes back to lupton. scheiss it, I won’t even try and spell his name right

I’ll boo him the entire game. Leave for Aggy and you’re dead to me. After all those awesome and humiliating season ending losses we put on Aggy and he joins them… embarrassing.

froginmn

To borrow from a great:

Liked for correct phonetic pronunciation of the name.

PurpleBlood87

So now we’re playing the we didn’t need or want him anymore card? LOL, y’all are a trip.

It’d be one thing if we just hung around the middle or bottom of the confers but the dude just won a conference championship. This is a BIG loss.

He no longer wanted to be here. You don't want to keep someone around who doesn't want to be here.

Seems the administration made him promises regarding facilities and those weren't fulfilled while other programs got upgrades.

I don't blame him for leaving but after the way this season ended and the strange coaching decisions in the last two games it left a bad taste in many mouths.

Plus he left for A&M. At least CDC left for the most prestigious AD job in the country.

Last edited:

PurpleBlood87

I think both can be true.

I also have concerns that the tuition issues that Schloss has been complaining about for years will continue to be more and more of an issue as it continues to rise.

I don’t know how you get around that, but if I’m interviewing for this job, it’s a sticking point. Schloss had 20 years and a lot of success to sell to families as to why they had to pay to play. It’s going to take a big hire to be able to replicate that pitch.

One way to get around it is recruiting more JUCO players who only have to fit the bill for two seasons.

First Tee Frog

He no longer wanted to be here. You don't want to keep someone around who doesn't want to be here.

Seems the administration made him promises regarding facilities and those weren't fulfilled while other programs got upgrades.

I don't blame him for leaving but after the way this season ended and the strange coaching decisions in the last two games it left a bad taste in many mouths.

Plus he left for A&M. At least CDC left for the most prestigious AD job in the country.
Take the “didn’t invest in baseball” comments with a huge grain of salt. From the time he knew he was leaving he is recruiting against us. It’s in his best interest on the way out the door to paint that as a reason. He will absolutely be telling kids that he left because TCU wasn’t willing to do what is necessary to be a great program. He is the enemy now.

PurpleBlood87

Take the “didn’t invest in baseball” comments with a huge grain of salt. From the time he knew he was leaving he is recruiting against us. It’s in his best interest on the way out the door to paint that as a reason. He will absolutely be telling kids that he left because TCU wasn’t willing to do what is necessary to be a great program. He is the enemy now.

Revamping Lupton has been out there for years. It's not something that just popped up.

Paint It Purple

Watching JS in game this past weekend I noticed his body language and demeanor was just odd. Seemed disengaged. Not up for any battles. During one of the video reviews, he just sat there stone-faced and looking totally disengaged and not caring. I thought, well maybe this is just a product of the video review...instead of being willing to go to battle for your players, you just let the umpires and video play it out. Now I've decided, he didn't give a crap, and his players knew already what I could now see.

No program wants a coach like that.

Last edited:

wilson912

Exactly, yes yes yes. A lot has changed - apparently Jimmy has some marital issues and that’s gotta weigh on the situation. Let’s hope they can reconcile and get back together.

Jimmy has been great for TCU on and off the field. Anything less than a big THANK YOU is an embarrassment. Coach P shoulda done the same thing after the Rose Bowl. Things can get stale and folks need a change. Kirk will do a great job and bring much needed energy and new ideas. Can’t wait to see who all is on his staff. GO FROGS!!

Paint It Purple

Exactly, yes yes yes. A lot has changed - apparently Jimmy has some marital issues and that’s gotta weigh on the situation. Let’s hope they can reconcile and get back together.

Jimmy has been great for TCU on and off the field. Anything less than a big THANK YOU is an embarrassment. Coach P shoulda done the same thing after the Rose Bowl. Things can get stale and folks need a change. Kirk will do a great job and bring much needed energy and new ideas. Can’t wait to see who all is on his staff. GO FROGS!!
Isn't "Jimmy" already divorced from his wife?

East Coast

Tier 1

I don't blame him for leaving but after the way this season ended and the strange coaching decisions in the last -SIX WEEKS - it left a bad taste in many mouths.

Fixed it for you

Status
Not open for further replies.