• The KillerFrogs

Schlossnagle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pharm Frog

what did I say bad about TCU there?

Nothing. There are some folks who believe you should only have one rooting interest and others who like just giving people a hard time (especially if the other rooting interest is Ag or Whorn or God-forbid the Pepper-Hamilton’s). The former of those are interesting because if not for multiple rooting interests, TCU would have probably a third of the fans it does.

That said, where you and I differ profoundly is your well wishes to Ag for Schloss to have much success there. I would hope that he never wins another game ever including getting beat twice by their sibling school, Prairie View A&M, on back-to-back Tuesdays. Because having a rooting favorite is important but runs a distant second to having insatiable sports hate IMO.

swimmerbabe11

Nothing. There are some folks who believe you should only have one rooting interest and others who like just giving people a hard time (especially if the other rooting interest is Ag or Whorn or God-forbid the Pepper-Hamilton’s). The former of those are interesting because if not for multiple rooting interests, TCU would have probably a third of the fans it does.

That said, where you and I differ profoundly is your well wishes to Ag for Schloss to have much success there. I would hope that he never wins another game ever including getting beat twice by their sibling school, Prairie View A&M, on back-to-back Tuesdays. Because having a rooting favorite is important but runs a distant second to having insatiable sports hate IMO.

I used to have more sports Hate, but I've gotten soft in my old age.

except lsu. I really dislike lsu

Paint It Purple

question. i have read a few comments about schloss building the tcu program from the ground up and there was no baseball history before him, but how much of a foundation was laid by lance brown?

no trying to take anything away from schloss, but looking for a better perspective as some might find this hard to believe but back in those days it was turn to get any news on tcu spring sports if you lived south of waxahachie
I know some on here don't want to hear it but not only Lance Brown, but Frank Windegger laid a foundation for TCU baseball, which included some SWC championships. More accurately, some extraordinary college baseball players built the modern foundation under the guidance of Frank and Lance. There are far too may to mention, but great college baseball players nevertheless. As I have previously reminded, Lupton was built under Lance Brown and Schloss inherited it. Coach Schloss took the program to unbelievable heights. That first CWS was an experience and dream come true for me personally to attend as a alum/fan. 4 more straight CWS was unimaginable. Getting to 1 CWS is beyond difficult. Schloss is a HOF coach IMO.

froginmn

Freshmen-applies only to men. Not woke enough. New term: First year student
Red-shirt freshman-offensive to Native Americans. Must be banned. New term: False first year student
Sophomore-has the word homo in it. Term is homophobic. Must be banned. New term: Second year student
Junior-implies male offspring in a male dominated society. Term is dated and needs to be banned. New term: Third year student
Senior-Too close to the spanish word Señor, which applies only to men. Term is misogynistic. Must be banned. New term: Fourth year student
Graduate student-Has the sequence "U ate student" which implies cannibalism at worst and carnivorism at best. Must be banned. New term: Humans accumulating massive debt
First year money waster

TCUdirtbag

Took a screenshot and pointed to my favorite part of the story:

0Jq2xav.jpg

My favorite thing about this (very ill-informed) discussion is that Morabito was Betsy DeVos’ press secretary at ED. And Campus Reform is a right-wing anti-“woke” group. This is clickbait for the far right from a bunch of hacks.

The change at TCU is about inclusion of transfer and non-traditional students more so than a run from traditional gender-ized terms. But even if it were the latter, lol at the anti-woke spokes “woman” pretending to be upset about it.

Rockhound

wilson912

How is Randy Mazey viewed as a candidate? He often comments as to how pivotal he was in TCU’s success, is he right? He does have a great charity, TeamWammer.

Eight

My favorite thing about this (very ill-informed) discussion is that Morabito was Betsy DeVos’ press secretary at ED. And Campus Reform is a right-wing anti-“woke” group. This is clickbait for the far right from a bunch of hacks.

The change at TCU is about inclusion of transfer and non-traditional students more so than a run from traditional gender-ized terms. But even if it were the latter, lol at the anti-woke spokes “woman” pretending to be upset about it.

so if someone is in their first year at tcu, but a transfer with junior credits what would be the appropriate classification?

Status
Not open for further replies.