• The KillerFrogs

Schlossnagle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

froginaustin

Took a screenshot and pointed to my favorite part of the story:

0Jq2xav.jpg

I think the "spokeswoman" is not speaking for TCU.

Eight

question. i have read a few comments about schloss building the tcu program from the ground up and there was no baseball history before him, but how much of a foundation was laid by lance brown?

no trying to take anything away from schloss, but looking for a better perspective as some might find this hard to believe but back in those days it was turn to get any news on tcu spring sports if you lived south of waxahachie

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I'm very consistent.
Maybe you are, idk. But pick a side. Don't come over here acting all TCU when things are going good and then go over there and talk down about TCU when things go south.

I'm not even a TCU alumni, I'm a tshirt fan. I adopted TCU back in the LT days and it's been nothing but purple for me ever since. And I'm 100% loyal to whoever I decide to support, which is TCU, not some bandwagon fan. I live 10 minutes from smu and lived in the Dallas area all my life but I don't jump ship whenever they have a good season or we have a bad one. It's all TCU all the time, good or bad.

swimmerbabe11

Maybe you are, idk. But pick a side. Don't come over here acting all TCU when things are going good and then go over there and talk down about TCU when things go south.

I'm not even a TCU alumni, I'm a tshirt fan. I adopted TCU back in the LT days and it's been nothing but purple for me ever since. And I'm 100% loyal to whoever I decide to support, which is TCU, not some bandwagon fan. I live 10 minutes from smu and lived in the Dallas area all my life but I don't jump ship whenever they have a good season or we have a bad one. It's all TCU all the time, good or bad.

I am a TCU alumni. I Bleed purple. I paid my way. I fought with my family to go to the school I wanted to go to. I love my Alma mater and that hasn't ever changed, whether or not we had a good season or made wierd political stances that I dont agree with or anything else.

I'm a college baseball fan, so I'm not going to stop watching just because my team is out. I rarely watch any sporting event without picking a team, because that is more fun for me. That doesn't mean i love TCU any less when I pull for a team in a game.

Good gracious gravy this horse is deceased.

flyfishingfrog

question. i have read a few comments about schloss building the tcu program from the ground up and there was no baseball history before him, but how much of a foundation was laid by lance brown?

no trying to take anything away from schloss, but looking for a better perspective as some might find this hard to believe but back in those days it was turn to get any news on tcu spring sports if you lived south of waxahachie
Coach Brown was a great guy and a pretty good coach - but he didn't have a lot to work with. There are a ton of great alumni that love our school from Coach Brown's era - but most joke openly about not being able to get in to TCU much less play ball here anymore. But he built a foundation for the program to get better athletes and have more money to facilities even in the improvements back then were smaller because of where we were in the world of D1 athletics - he did convince people to spend some money on baseball.

Lupton being built in 2003 - the same year Schloss showed up - helped a ton also and thanks to the Lupton Foundation and many other donors, we had a park worth showing off, showing commitment and worth a player wanting to play on for their career. And Coach B started that movement to happen.

I would not underplay the role of the success on the field in football and the help it gave getting better athletes in many sports to TCU because frankly many kids never thought of TCU before then - even if they heard of it.

However the 2010 team was a perfect storm of all that combined - with a little luck from a bankruptcy judge and a HOF named Ryan - to get a team to take us to the promised land. And Schloss was the driver of that train and built it from 03 to 2010.

Then the world opened up between the Rose bowl success and what that did for our reputation plus the CWS appearance - we were suddenly considered a school that could compete with the best in nation in athletics and offered a somewhat unique campus experience similar to Miami vs all the rest of baseball royalty at that time - which were mostly big state U.

Status
Not open for further replies.