• The KillerFrogs

Schlossnagle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyfishingfrog

I think Schloss needs a change of scenery. I want Sarloos or Heefner. If that is what we will do, I'll be happy. If we make a bad hire, then I'll be cranky about the whole thing.

I'm very consistent.

I was told something yesterday that gave me the impression that they are just waiting for the ink to dry.
you are not really dumb enough to believe an Aggy are you....oh I forgot

oh and Bleed Purple or Bleed Out....

Last edited:

flyfishingfrog

acu requires their students to attend chapel and christian mindset is definitely taught in their classes outside the divinity program and there are ways to get around the chapel requirements and there is a very, very good reason why for the most part all upperclassmen move off campus
lots of universities still require some level of church attendance - and many students tolerate it but many also go there because of it. Many chose other schools so they don't have to deal with it or for other reasons.

Its all in personal choice - at least for now.

Eight

lots of universities still require some level of church attendance - and many students tolerate it but many also go there because of it. Many chose other schools so they don't have to deal with it or for other reasons.

Its all in personal choice - at least for now.

youngest went to acu because of the placement rate out of a program, amount of financial aid, and texas being arseholes on her admission

she was quite aware of the religous aspect because her brother had gone there to run track and stayed to go to school

chapel for her was an okay experience, but she very much enjoyed then and appreciates now working in the real world the discussion of moral decisions that were part of her classes.

First Tee Frog

How very "Christian" of you. He fully acknowledged in his disclaimer what you accuse him of.
And to be clear I haven’t said he is wrong in his beliefs. I disagree with them. Doesn’t mean I am right. It means I have studied and come to the best conclusion for me based on all the evidence and education for me. Hopefully that’s enough in the end.

RoyaltyWorePurple

one of the most liberal people i know served multiple tours in vietnam in the corp, is vehemently anti-abortion to the extent he and his wife give theirr their time with charities supporting adoption and unwed mothers, believes in the value of work, and lives the most balanced life i have watched and has done none of the things you project

that is the problem as we immediately apply the sins of some in a group to all of those in that group no different than the right gets linked with supremacist's, nazi's, and those who bombed abortion clinics because it was "god's will" which is crap

we have to stop the labels and work to find a solution. no different than those in power at tcu and schloss need to find solution to the issues that are preventing that relationship from moving forward.
You can't just go in inserting LOGIC and REASON...this is a message board for Cripes sakes....

tcumaniac

This is real bad news if it’s really the mindset of the powers that be at the university. Back to irrelevance we go. Seems as if the whole place has been taken over by SJWs with better things to do than root for icky sports.
Right on cue:

Texas Christian University to nix the word 'freshmen' in push for 'inclusive excellence'

Texas Christian University has announced that it will no longer use the term "freshmen" in an effort to be more inclusive.

Instead, the school will refer to students in college for the first time as "first-year" students. The term will also apply to students with fewer than 24 credit hours, regardless of how long they have been enrolled in school.

TCU's Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs called the change "a reflection of our university-wide commitment to inclusive excellence."

https://www.campusreform.org/articl...mNXcsCYKaR07_BGwaErfZ8gdFllIKZ2LJDRpHZDesrjUQ

jake102

Right on cue:

Texas Christian University to nix the word 'freshmen' in push for 'inclusive excellence'

Texas Christian University has announced that it will no longer use the term "freshmen" in an effort to be more inclusive.

Instead, the school will refer to students in college for the first time as "first-year" students. The term will also apply to students with fewer than 24 credit hours, regardless of how long they have been enrolled in school.

TCU's Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs called the change "a reflection of our university-wide commitment to inclusive excellence."

https://www.campusreform.org/articl...mNXcsCYKaR07_BGwaErfZ8gdFllIKZ2LJDRpHZDesrjUQ

Hard to support. So much wasted expense coming up with this and then implementing it in the various areas it will need to be implemented. TCU has become disappointing, not that it's close to alone in that.

Frog-in-law1995

Right on cue:

Took a screenshot and pointed to my favorite part of the story:

0Jq2xav.jpg

Wexahu

Hard to support. So much wasted expense coming up with this and then implementing it in the various areas it will need to be implemented. TCU has become disappointing, not that it's close to alone in that.

I am a fan of certain TCU sports teams, as much so because I have been for a really long time and it's in my blood more than anything else. Do I love the school? Meh. It barely resembles the school I attended.

Last edited:

FinanceFrog

Right on cue:

i prefer freshwomen.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I literally could not care less what they call students that are in their first year of college. Doesn’t matter at all. Now, if they spend more than $11.50 on implementing this, then they are wasting money that could be better spent on more seating at Lupton. Less BS, more seats.

That should be the new marketing campaign. Ditch Lead On. TCU. Less BS, more baseball seats.

Purp

Right on cue:

Need a new Schloss thread. This revelation will guarantee this one never gets back on track.

I find all of this nauseating. Maniac is nauseating. Woke garbage like this is especially nauseating at my favorite university. "Inclusive excellence" is nauseating. I mean, Wayne and Garth wouldn't even find it excellent. Neither would Bill and Ted. What in the actual blue darn is any of this supposed to accomplish?

jake102

I am a fan of certain TCU sports teams, as much so because I have been for a really long time and it's in my blood more than anything else. Do I love the school I attended? Meh. It barely resembles the school I attended.

Yep. I used to dream of my kids attending TCU, at this point I don't really care. I'll continue to support TCU sports, but the University seems like it's going in a weird direction

GoFrog Yourself

Need a new Schloss thread. This revelation will guarantee this one never gets back on track.

I find all of this nauseating. Maniac is nauseating. Woke garbage like this is especially nauseating at my favorite university. "Inclusive excellence" is nauseating. I mean, Wayne and Garth wouldn't even find it excellent. Neither would Bill and Ted. What in the actual blue darn is any of this supposed to accomplish?

Liked for the Wayne’s World reference.

Schloss decided to stay or leave yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.