LVH

Assuming Schloss is gone, here are my top 5 non Kirk Sarloos candidates:

1. Tommy "Breakfast" Buongirono
2. Sal "Gum Unda Da Seat" Maranzano
3. Giuseppe "Diamond Curls" Rastelli
4. Joseph "Joey Two Fruit Salads" Badalmenti
5. Vincent "Umbrella Vinny" Mancuso

YA

I'll admit that the "routines" drive me insane. Everybody doing the exact same thing (staring at the bat, turning around behind the mound) bugs me and feels forced. It seems to produce results so I'm OK, but I wouldn't miss that aspect at all.
Didn’t dbu do some kind of swing routine that was a ghost swing between pitches?

Dogfrog

I figured it would be more prudent for all conversation of the situation with Schloss coming to one thread. Silence isn't great, but we should expect some news over the next couple of days. The Aggies are expecting something on Wednesday.

You first joined here four months ago. Welcome!

Couple notes from what I’ve put together today:

- There was dialogue between TCU and Schloss/his camp either recently or today, they understand Schloss’s frustrations and interest in a fresh start.

- TCU has essentially asked for the “last meeting” to try and get him to stay, large contract will be offered, plans for program investments with VBo/Board level investment in those promises.

- Nobody seems hopeful… This may have been cooking too long. You can back up a little, but can’t rewind to the start.

- A&M may be thinking of waiting, to interview Heefner this week ahead of the DBU Super. Good for TCU, time helps us as we build our case and offer.

- Get the sense, if Schloss leaves, Heefner will get an interview if he is interested. Saarloos also a favorite, that’s the “continuation” strategy.

Moose Stuff

- There was dialogue between TCU and Schloss/his camp either recently or today, they understand Schloss’s frustrations and interest in a fresh start.

- TCU has essentially asked for the “last meeting” to try and get him to stay, large contract will be offered, plans for program investments with VBo/Board level investment in those promises.

- Nobody seems hopeful… This may have been cooking too long. You can back up a little, but can’t rewind to the start.

- A&M may be thinking of waiting, to interview Heefner this week ahead of the DBU Super. Good for TCU, time helps us as we build our case and offer.

- Get the sense, if Schloss leaves, Heefner will get an interview if he is interested. Saarloos also a favorite, that’s the “continuation” strategy.

The last part is the best news I’ve heard all week if accurate. Maybe our AD is smarter than I thought.

The last part is the best news I’ve heard all week if accurate. Maybe our AD is smarter than I thought.

To your point elsewhere today about going backwards, did get a message today pointing out that there is SOME disagreement about expanding $ losses with the baseball program. Most of the top tier baseball programs in the country (top 20ish) either break even or turn a little profit, which makes spending X on coaches and charter travel palatable. TCU Baseball does not turn a profit, and likely won’t ever without major economic changes. Does leadership want to increase those losses MORE by paying an ever increasing amount in coach salaries, running the program in “spare no expense mode” to keep up the Jones’s? Seems some may have argued that that’s already happening with basketball, which has a real shot at “making money” if we can put a winning team on the court consistently. Just one opinion, but that could be part of the issue here… only so many $$s to put into subsidizing men’s sports.

Dogfrog

To your point elsewhere today about going backwards, did get a message today pointing out that there is SOME disagreement about expanding $ losses with the baseball program. Most of the top tier baseball programs in the country (top 20ish) either break even or turn a little profit, which makes spending X on coaches and charter travel palatable. TCU Baseball does not turn a profit, and likely won’t ever without major economic changes. Does leadership want to increase those losses MORE by paying an ever increasing amount in coach salaries, running the program in “spare no expense mode” to keep up the Jones’s? Seems some may have argued that that’s already happening with basketball, which has a real shot at “making money” if we can put a winning team on the court consistently. Just one opinion, but that could be part of the issue here… only so many $$s to put into subsidizing men’s sports.

gotta spend money to make money.

Pharm Frog

1) There’s no such thing as “a fresh start”. Sounds nice when you say it but is meaningless.
2) If I had an offer from Ag, I’d take this “last meeting” as an insult. And, if true, it’s demonstrative that ADJD has sucked at this part of his job.
3) Not sure what the “hope” would be...that you get to keep a coach who’s clearly been disgruntled and hope he stays ungruntled?
4) If TCU had been doing what it should have been doing, ADJD should have already reached out to Heefner. But IMO Heefner should have been Ag’s second call after Tadlock got his lifetime sentence in Lubbock.
5) If it comes to it, TCU should make Heefner interested and erase the “if” part. Probably should have already done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts