• The KillerFrogs

Fort Worth NCAA Regional Thread

Paul in uhh

What a weird year. So hot and cold. Pitching has been interesting all year and the fielding errors. Could never get comfortable with this team. They just didn’t have the mojo our other super regional teams had.
It lies primarily with the pitching for me. Every game I pray for a CG. Every game you buckle up when the bullpen arrives

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
This team lost series to Gonzaga at home, La Monroe, KState, et al and anyone really thought this was one of our better teams? Regardless, they are our team and deserve more respect than they get from those who couldn’t hit the first, second pitch, much less a lollipop right down middle in a D1 game. I can only imagine what the players think of their fans.

I say congrats for winning over 40 games, earning a regional and look for better things to come.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

Hate to see Schloss trashed by a bunch of people that should let their keyboards rest for the night.

I believe the rules say it’s okay to pile on exceedingly well compensated coaches. And even more so when they deserve it. Far less vitriol here directed at Schloss then toward Cumbie, Meacham, Dixon, and the list goes on.

But IMO this was an awful stretch for CJS and he’s not the only one. Part of the thing about baseball is that it affords time to discuss and debate. But there’s very little room to debate that he’s underperformed as a coach this season and lately that’s a benign assessment. If he stays, he stays. If he leaves, he leaves. Makes me no difference. I started rooting for the Frogs under Coach Brown. Not gonna change my rooting interests.

Realtorfrog

I still say the results would have been different if we had played to lose in the tourney like tx and Tech. We would have still been a national seed but well rested

RoyaltyWorePurple

I understand they were stunned but wish the players had just stepped out of the dugout and let the crowd give them a round of applause for a nice season.
Fans were waiting around wanting to clap for them.
For those who were in the stands, the main reason they didn’t was there was a bunch of tears going on. People saying they had a “meh” attitude were pretty wrong.
That was choppy and hard to understand. Was watching on the app. They camera fixed on the TCU dugout for a good long while, they didn’t look like they were ready to face fans.