• The KillerFrogs

OT: Checking In & a Confession

Paint It Purple

I’ve been absent the last 6 years or so. Any of the old timers/early 2000 crew still around? What about the people who made up the bulk of the posts around 2007-2010? Bonner, Maniac, Steel, Top, etc etc? Did the group that started their own TCU message board ever come back?

Also, now that Scott and Wes are living their best life in heaven, I have a confession. Dear Scott and Wes, it was me who used to call into the Sunday night conference calls and play John Madden drops, effectively disrupting the calls and making them useless. I know Scott always suspected it was me, and he was right. Sorry for ruining those calls, but I was in my early 20s then, and I thought it was hilarious. Then again, listening to Madden repeatedly say “BOOM” and “POW” while the people on the calls were trying to figure out what in the hell was going on, still tickles me.

RIP to Scott, Wes, 2314 and anybody else that I didn’t know had passed away over the last 5 years. Hope everybody else is doing well!
Prison?

Purp

I’ve been absent the last 6 years or so. Any of the old timers/early 2000 crew still around? What about the people who made up the bulk of the posts around 2007-2010? Bonner, Maniac, Steel, Top, etc etc? Did the group that started their own TCU message board ever come back?

Also, now that Scott and Wes are living their best life in heaven, I have a confession. Dear Scott and Wes, it was me who used to call into the Sunday night conference calls and play John Madden drops, effectively disrupting the calls and making them useless. I know Scott always suspected it was me, and he was right. Sorry for ruining those calls, but I was in my early 20s then, and I thought it was hilarious. Then again, listening to Madden repeatedly say “BOOM” and “POW” while the people on the calls were trying to figure out what in the hell was going on, still tickles me.

RIP to Scott, Wes, 2314 and anybody else that I didn’t know had passed away over the last 5 years. Hope everybody else is doing well!
Most of the old timers you'd care about are still here, but most don't post as often. Getting older and having kids does that to us.

Gunner also shuffled off this mortal coil so now it's okay to recruit short QBs.

HASMSP is still going scrong, but it also has seen traffic eroded by regulars getting busy with kids and life.

Hope you stick around a while. It'll be good to have another solid sense of humor around again.

Good to see you, FOAP. I'm still here. Post maybe two or three times a year. Read occasionally. I couldn't deal with the relentless profanity filters (which are immature and make us look bad), the constant arguing, and the handful of bullies who seem to think they run the place. Egos around here are out of control.

So you haven't missed much, but stick around....you might like it.

CountryFrog

We are trying to plan a trip to St Pete’s Beach for a beach getaway post Covid. We went there a couple of times in the last several years and it’s pretty nice and relaxing. I would think that the COVID restrictions are less there than Hawaii or traveling to the Mexico resort areas. That’s what we are counting on anyway.
We went to Treasure Island in October and loved it. There were no restrictions at all on the beach even back then. You just had to mask up in the hotel and inside most businesses. But they may be lessening those restrictions by now.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
We are trying to plan a trip to St Pete’s Beach for a beach getaway post Covid. We went there a couple of times in the last several years and it’s pretty nice and relaxing. I would think that the COVID restrictions are less there than Hawaii or traveling to the Mexico resort areas. That’s what we are counting on anyway.

No restrictions! I actually live in St Pete. If you get a chance, Fort Desoto is a good beach area to go over, and take the ferry to Shell Key.