• The KillerFrogs

Fort Worth NCAA Regional Thread

Punter1

This makes absolutely zero sense to me...if true.
Burning our #2 starter when we will have 2, 3 or 4 harder games is kinda crazy.

I guess Schloss will pitch Russ, win or lose game two, and with hopefully two wins we will pitch by committee in the championship game(s)....

tcumaniac

I guess Schloss will pitch Russ, win or lose game two, and with hopefully two wins we will pitch by committee in the championship game(s)....
Guess Schloss figures it worked in the Big 12 Championship.

GP's Step-Son

100 percent disagree. Unlike prior years we are lacking in options on the SP front. Also, Will Dion is a real threat.... have to win game 1.

Punter1

100 percent disagree. Unlike prior years we are lacking in options on the SP front. Also, Will Dion is a real threat.... have to win game 1.

McNeese is an average SLC team...went 21-18 in a pretty average league.

I'd much rather take my chances with Savage, Meador or Riley C or Cam Brown (who shut down a much better UTSA team) against McNeese than those guys in a championship game against Oregon State or DBU

Because you do realize...one of those guys will have to start against somebody better in a more pressure filled situation on Sunday or Monday. Krob is burned after Friday.

The more I think about this, the less sense starting Krob makes. Hell, I could maybe even envision a case for J-Ray with a couple arms ready more than Krob.

ftwfrog

My answer. Don’t scheiss around and find out. You do what you can, within reason, to win the first two games. Krob and Smith do that for you. Don’t get TOO cute. You can use some strategery, but for goodness sakes don’t lose game one. Remember a few years back when we had to go to the ninth to beat Sienna?

Purp

The way Schloss has picked starters the past couple series....I just assume he's throwing darts at this point.

Sacco is probably gonna lead off again too...
I agree with you 100%, but Schloss still won the conference tournament in spite of his starting pitching selections. He's clearly got a good enough pulse on the team and the opponent to still pull most of the right levers. I accept that these are the reasons he's making $1.5MM to make these calls instead of us.

I'd have gone a different direction like you, but he knows what he's doing.

Paint It Purple

Heading to a Whiskey Myers/Shane Smith concert at Floores in Helotes Friday night, gonna be epic....need a ton of runs early so I can mentally turn my phone off...
Say hello to my boy and the GF while you're there. FCS is vintage Texas honky tonk. Saw Ryan Bingham there a few years back. Maybe 40-50 people were there. Could never figure that out.