• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Frog-in-law1995

Holy cow I just got a very special gift. Friend brought me a bottle of Blanton's single barrel bourbon.

Anyone had it? Trying to figure out which special occasion I'll use to drink it.

It’s really, really good bourbon, but it’s the same stuff they used to sell at the same price point as Jack/Maker’s/etc until they decided to limit production and sell it as an ultra-premium. It was always way better than anything in its price range, though.

froginmn

It’s really, really good bourbon, but it’s the same stuff they used to sell at the same price point as Jack/Maker’s/etc until they decided to limit production and sell it as an ultra-premium. It was always way better than anything in its price range, though.
My standards are Woodford Reserve and Basil Hayden's. Had Angel's Envy recently as well, and have had Four Roses single barrel as well as their small batch.

Hayden's is probably my favorite. Can't wait to try this one though.

froginmn

Is that good? I’ve read about different tops on Blanton’s and people collecting them like pogs. I kept my Blanton bottle topper, it’s got the letter N
It doesn't make much difference to me, because I'm not going to buy multiple bottles of $200 bourbon.

But it's the probably the most interesting one since the jockey is celebrating.

There are also two N's; one apparently has a colon after it to differentiate.

HFrog1999

I tried this over the weekend and thought it was fantastic

Jeffersons-Ocean-Aged-at-Sea-Bourbon__02286.1509399749.jpg