• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

Paint It Purple

I’m hoping he can get one more stint in the bigs. Last year we played in our HS alumni game and he said it was the first time since his rookie season he felt healthy going into spring training. Sounds like his velo is still there.
My son and I flew into Louisville today, decided last minute to go to game and see that Finnegan is on the roster. I’ll be damned when he came in the 5th. He’s bigger and heftier now. BTW: got to brag about my boy. This is my Christmas present from him. 2 days of Louisville slugger and all the bourbon we want. Tomorrow we are headed to Indianapolis for the Indy 500. Love my boy.

TCUdirtbag

Not even for ≈$1.5 mil?
Not if I was already making 1.5 living in FW. No contest. Like zero percent interest.

Yeah we all need to remember that if Schloss leaves, it ain’t for money. He’s already top 5 paid, and TCU will be willing to pay whatever it takes to keep him. If he leaves, it’s because he legit wants whatever job/new challenge/non-financial life change comes with the particular gig.

Armadillo

Yeah we all need to remember that if Schloss leaves, it ain’t for money. He’s already top 5 paid, and TCU will be willing to pay whatever it takes to keep him. If he leaves, it’s because he legit wants whatever job/new challenge/non-financial life change comes with the particular gig.

oh I know that. He’s paid well here at TCU. And we all know the personal changes and challenges he’s been through in the last few years. I also know we all have insider sources who say he’s looking. I wouldn’t be shocked either way. He’s given Tcu a lot. I’d never hate him if he left. Not at all like the Fran situation.

TCUdirtbag

curious, what advantages does lsu bring that you wouldn't have at say florida, vandy, or even arkansas now?

all have nice facilities, fan support, resources, etc...

people on this site say college station is a [ #2020 ] hole, but i would live there before baton rouge. baton rouge is basically the ship channel area of houston with a college stuck in it.

the conference is brutal and i am not sure how realistic that fanbase is as they remind me of texas fans who don't realize other schools are now pumping money into their programs

Sure some other SEC schools are bringing tons of fans, building nice facilities, etc. right now. But LSU isn’t riding some wave. They pair a strong and sustained history that others don’t. Baseball is a game that respects tradition. And LSU has a tradition of being elite. Go watch a series at Alex box. It’s a good time.

GoFrog Yourself

curious, what advantages does lsu bring that you wouldn't have at say florida, vandy, or even arkansas now?

all have nice facilities, fan support, resources, etc...

people on this site say college station is a [ #2020 ] hole, but i would live there before baton rouge. baton rouge is basically the ship channel area of houston with a college stuck in it.

the conference is brutal and i am not sure how realistic that fanbase is as they remind me of texas fans who don't realize other schools are now pumping money into their programs
Florida is very apathetic towards baseball and Sully had to work his butt off just to get the stadium built after sustained success in Omaha. Fans don’t care there.

Vandy is a private school with no history/fan support until Corbin showed up. Great spot now.

Arky is a great job with great fans and facilities but they’ve never won a title. I’d have it up there with Miss State.

LSU has everything: tradition, fans, facilities, money... Fan expectations will be brutal but if you want a top job in college baseball the line forms to the right

Eight

Florida is very apathetic towards baseball and Sully had to work his butt off just to get the stadium built after sustained success in Omaha. Fans don’t care there.

Vandy is a private school with no history/fan support until Corbin showed up. Great spot now.

Arky is a great job with great fans and facilities but they’ve never won a title. I’d have it up there with Miss State.

LSU has everything: tradition, fans, facilities, money... Fan expectations will be brutal but if you want a top job in college baseball the line forms to the right

saw a number of empty seats at lsu this year.

lsu last won a title in 2009 so what is the statute of limitations on that? they have played in 3 of the 11 cws after that title, soon to be 3 of 12. that makes most high school recruits 5,6, 7 at the oldest since that last title.

curious where people would place texas as a job.

ShreveFrog

Yeah I slow-moed it and his glove flew off his hand as he snatched his hand over to catch the ball. That's amazing! Sorry Sikes. You've gotta do better than catching a ball in your jersey while batting.

GoFrog Yourself

saw a number of empty seats at lsu this year.

lsu last won a title in 2009 so what is the statute of limitations on that? they have played in 3 of the 11 cws after that title, soon to be 3 of 12. that makes most high school recruits 5,6, 7 at the oldest since that last title.

curious where people would place texas as a job.
The LSU brand still resonates with high schoolers and recruits the best players not headed for the draft out of high school. You have to look at more than CWS appearances considering how damn hard it is to make it to Omaha, but their program does have the seventh most appearances all time despite not going since... *checks notes*... 2017. Also played for a title that year but ran into that Florida squad you might remember well.

I’d put Texas as the “best” job in the state and the “best” job in the Big 12. Of course your definition of “best” may differ from mine.

Eight

yesterday i was just looking over the frogs roster to see who might be coming back next year for the frogs and holy cow....porter brown is listed as a redshirt freshman this year after being granted an injury redshirt in 2019 and then granted an additional year with covid last season

this raises the question could porter brown become the rarmon flanigan of tcu baseball?