• The KillerFrogs

Colonial thread

Brog

Can you buy a day pass to attend the action, or do you have to buy one of those multi day things?

Those day passes were $175 PER DAY, but they are increasing that now to $250 per day for Saturday and Sunday. Gotta note that those prices include ALL the beer and wine, hamburgers, hot dogs, snacks, etc, you can eat in one day. Really, it includes all the beer and wine you can drink. Lotsa guys out there today trying to get their money's worth, and surely they had someone to drive them home afterwards.

Eight

Those day passes were $175 PER DAY, but they are increasing that now to $250 per day for Saturday and Sunday. Gotta note that those prices include ALL the beer and wine, hamburgers, hot dogs, snacks, etc, you can eat in one day. Really, it includes all the beer and wine you can drink. Lotsa guys out there today trying to get their money's worth, and surely they had someone to drive them home afterwards.

don't care if it is all inclusive or not, $175 jumping to $250 is freaking insane

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
Seems like a big liability, how many tickets are available per day? Anyone know?

Seems like a big liability, how many tickets are available per day? Anyone know?

3k for grounds passes. Friend of mine had patio passes yesterday and he said they only sold 400 a day. It certainly looked to be about that many yesterday. The patio at 13 was 475 but if you had a grounds pass you could pay an extra 300 at the course to get in. Ended up spending a decent amount of time over there and I never saw more than 100 people at a time in there. Lots of people going in and out with drinks but very few staying. Same with the 16/17 patio. Talked to a few members who are not happy with how a lot of this was handled.

BTW, my watch showed I had over 19k steps yesterday.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
Any idea why the handled tickets so differently this year? Normally would drive up from the hill country and attend but the ticket prices are pretty crazy in the event you just want to bring a kid with you.

Any idea why the handled tickets so differently this year? Normally would drive up from the hill country and attend but the ticket prices are pretty crazy in the event you just want to bring a kid with you.

#1 reason is no corporate hospitality.
#1a membership wanted reduced capacity

Because of this they knew they could get traditional corporate sponsors to buy at inflated prices. I'm sure most did but we didn't. We typically have a box on 17 that cost us over 30k. We bought zero tickets this year through Colonial. We bought some from members who bought more than they needed but none from the club/tournament itself.

HToady

#1 reason is no corporate hospitality.
#1a membership wanted reduced capacity

Because of this they knew they could get traditional corporate sponsors to buy at inflated prices. I'm sure most did but we didn't. We typically have a box on 17 that cost us over 30k. We bought zero tickets this year through Colonial. We bought some from members who bought more than they needed but none from the club/tournament itself.
We (members) were told it was PGA mandated, but you never know whose lying. Any time club leadership does something unpopular they balme the PGA....