• The KillerFrogs

SA Express-News: Don't discount A&M making a pitch for TCU baseball coach Jim Schlossnagle

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Don't discount A&M making a pitch for TCU baseball coach Jim Schlossnagle

Brent Zwerneman, Staff writer

COLLEGE STATION — Ross Bjork strolled into a solid situation among Texas A&M’s major sports two years ago when he left Mississippi to become the Aggies’ athletic director.

Jimbo Fisher was a little more than a year into his new gig as A&M’s football coach and had led the Aggies to nine victories in his first season. Things for the most part have been on the upswing since.

Read more at https://www.expressnews.com/sports/...count-A-M-making-a-pitch-for-TCU-16203044.php

Moose Stuff

I would agree with his brief commentary on Jim’s comment from the other day. His wording of that is gonna look pretty poor if/when he takes the Aggie job.

Pharm Frog

I would agree with his brief commentary on Jim’s comment from the other day. His wording of that is gonna look pretty poor if/when he takes the Aggie job.

He won’t care what his words looked like. The only people who will care are a few Frog fans and that will dissipate quickly. They’re gonna hate him because he’s Ag anyway. Not sure the degree of hate could extend to any additional level and why would he care if it did? In fact, it would probably endear him to his own new fan base even more as he would be perceived as sticking it to the Frogs and though we make a tradition of eliminating them from postseason could be viewed as having the last laugh.

As for any offer that comes his way, there’s no way I match $1.3 or $1.4. I think a better line of inquiry is what happens to his assistants here in the event he leaves? Does he try to take one or more with him? Would either go even if asked? What happens when he leaves and neither assistant is given the HC job? Ha! What happens when one of them is offered the HC...where does the other go? Does the other stay? Would an external hire demand to bring his own assistants?

CryptoMiner

He won’t care what his words looked like. The only people who will care are a few Frog fans and that will dissipate quickly. They’re gonna hate him because he’s Ag anyway. Not sure the degree of hate could extend to any additional level and why would he care if it did? In fact, it would probably endear him to his own new fan base even more as he would be perceived as sticking it to the Frogs and though we make a tradition of eliminating them from postseason could be viewed as having the last laugh.

As for any offer that comes his way, there’s no way I match $1.3 or $1.4. I think a better line of inquiry is what happens to his assistants here in the event he leaves? Does he try to take one or more with him? Would either go even if asked? What happens when he leaves and neither assistant is given the HC job? Ha! What happens when one of them is offered the HC...where does the other go? Does the other stay? Would an external hire demand to bring his own assistants?

He makes $1.56 mill now.

MTfrog5

Give me Vitello

Eight

Our likely next coach is already in the dugout and has turned down offers to be head coach at Stanford, Rice and pitching coach for Yankees the last few summers

branding is already in place

SaarloosBranding-LosOlivosWeddingPhotographerLauraPedrino-157.jpg

tcumaniac

This reads as if you're pretty convinced Schloss is gone.

Guessing with Tadlock staying at Tech, the chances of us losing Schloss have significantly increased in your mind?

Moose Stuff

This reads as if you're pretty convinced Schloss is gone.

Guessing with Tadlock staying at Tech, the chances of us losing Schloss have significantly increased in your mind?

I used the word “IF” so that’s far from convinced. I think the chances of Jim being the Aggie HC went up substantially in most everyone’s mind when Tadlock turned it down.