• The KillerFrogs

TCU at KSU Game #3

Pharm Frog

Kinda wonder the same. The total buy in, seems gone. But...those things didn't lose the game yesterday. It's not panic to recognize that your main guy just doesn't have it today, while also preparing for the possibility. It's not a sign of weakness in your ace to go to the mound and say, "not your day, it's okay" and then give someone else a shot. "We've got a championship to win". The result may have been the same, who knows, but you owe it to King and the team to make that move. I don't think Schloss panicked. Call it trusting his instinct too long and not his brain.

I’m not just referring to yesterday. Yesterday was a symptom.

Dr. Coach Haus

Given the last 3 weeks of lousy baseball, I can not imagine a happy ending for this team. Too many weaknesses (starters, relievers, clutch hitting, automatic outs, etc.) and no real team leaders. The offseason will clear out a lot from this team. I, for one, hope the coach stays and tries to rebuild next year. This year was so frustrating and no fun at all.
Maybe we need to visit Ohio St. for the happy ending.

Paint It Purple

Well according to you we didn't deserve it even if we had more wins than Texas so I'm not sure any explanation will suffice.
I think it was back in '68...when Texas won the conference championship over TCU by mere percentage points because Texas didn't play their last two games. TCU was 13-5 and UT 12-4 going into the weekend. Legend has it that Gustafson cancelled Fridays game with A&M by instructing the ground crew to over water the field the night before the Friday game with rain forecasted. A&M coach Tom Chandler called Windegger and told him the game could have been played but Gus called it off to play a Saturday double header. Saturday never happened because it poured rain all day. Season over, Texas wins. [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ]!

And, remember...back then only Texas goes to the playoffs. We sat home. And, some people wonder why I hate UT so much.

Last edited:
Given the last 3 weeks of lousy baseball, I can not imagine a happy ending for this team. Too many weaknesses (starters, relievers, clutch hitting, automatic outs, etc.) and no real team leaders. The offseason will clear out a lot from this team. I, for one, hope the coach stays and tries to rebuild next year. This year was so frustrating and no fun at all.
Man I truly feel sorry for you if you can’t enjoy a season where the team shares a championship. I can understand recent disappointment but no fun at all?

Moose Stuff

Name checks out

flyfishingfrog

Season was a ton of fun up until Sunday of Texas actually