• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

Bill Bozeat

Nephew is head coach at D1 private school on East Coast. He is only given 7.2 scholarships And can't compete with small state schools in his league who have full scholarships available and state tuition
His previous job was at private school that is D1 Basketball power. He didn't have all scholarships there. But success of basketball lured kids to play there despite limited money. His bigger problem was getting kids who had money, could play but grades didn't get them accepted. Basketball got every player they wanted accepted. He used the Bball coach power to help him get past admissions in some cases

Pharm Frog

In case you haven't noticed (and I don't know why you would), Miss State jumped the Frogs last night in RPI. We moved back to 3rd.

Arkie
Miss State
Frogs
Vandy
Fairfield
Texas
Tennessee
Arizona

Punter1

Nephew is head coach at D1 private school on East Coast. He is only given 7.2 scholarships And can't compete with small state schools in his league who have full scholarships available and state tuition
His previous job was at private school that is D1 Basketball power. He didn't have all scholarships there. But success of basketball lured kids to play there despite limited money. His bigger problem was getting kids who had money, could play but grades didn't get them accepted. Basketball got every player they wanted accepted. He used the Bball coach power to help him get past admissions in some cases

There's no reason why the NCAA shouldn't work out a deal with Fox Sports and ESPN to televise more games....resulting in more money and more scholarships.

I know people would watch, especially in SEC and Big 12 country and probably in the west and Midwest as well. You could easily have 5 nights of college baseball on with 2 or 3 games on Sat and Sunday.

JugbandFrog

I like the turf fields. I do the laundry.
I’m high school, we had just put in a new grass field, and it was a great field. It had just rained a ton that day and the field held up really well. We were in purple, so it was kinda hard to see, but places on our way back to the field house we’re giant mud pits. Having beaten our rivals 72-0, we were in a good mood, so we ran into those mud pits and played like a bunch of dang ol’ 8 year olds.

the trainers were PISSED. Haha. Everything was covered in mud that night and the coaches wouldn’t let us in u til we hosed all of our stuff down. Took our pads out of pants, the helmets, shoes, everything. Haha. The next morning before film study, we had to put our stuff out in the parking lot so it would dry out,

CountryFrog

There's no reason why the NCAA shouldn't work out a deal with Fox Sports and ESPN to televise more games....resulting in more money and more scholarships.

I know people would watch, especially in SEC and Big 12 country and probably in the west and Midwest as well. You could easily have 5 nights of college baseball on with 2 or 3 games on Sat and Sunday.
Well there is one reason why they don't do this and that's because 99% of Americans don't give a scheiss about college baseball. You're basically only getting the fans of those specific teams watching with very few exceptions.

I know you say people will watch and I agree. Just not very many people. So from ESPN's perspective having it on their streaming platform and/or conference specific network absolutely makes the most sense. And from the NCAA/conferences standpoint then I'm not sure how much real leverage they have in demanding live coverage on real tv.

flyfishingfrog

Well there is one reason why they don't do this and that's because 99% of Americans don't give a scheiss about college baseball. You're basically only getting the fans of those specific teams watching with very few exceptions.

I know you say people will watch and I agree. Just not very many people. So from ESPN's perspective having it on their streaming platform and/or conference specific network absolutely makes the most sense. And from the NCAA/conferences standpoint then I'm not sure how much real leverage they have in demanding live coverage on real tv.
Plus it might get in the way of cornhole championships and college bass fishing

JugbandFrog

Is that why Vandy always fields a good baseball team? From what I understand, no one pays for undergrad there.

flyfishingfrog

Is that why Vandy always fields a good baseball team? From what I understand, no one pays for undergrad there.
No one paying is a stretch but the average student pays around $15k I think after they provide financial aid from the earnings in their $4billion endowment

so less than half of what the avg TCU student pays even though full tuition is higher at Vandy

so what that means is more kids get non-loan aid and each kid gets more

thus you can provide the same benefit to your baseball and other less than full funded athletes - especially now that you can stack academic scholarships with athletic scholarships and the non-athletic not count against the 11.7

so the only kids not getting a really good education for a really low price at Vandy are from families that never ask how much anything costs to start

Endless Purple

In case you haven't noticed (and I don't know why you would), Miss State jumped the Frogs last night in RPI. We moved back to 3rd.

Arkie
Miss State
Frogs
Vandy
Fairfield
Texas
Tennessee
Arizona

Probably factoring the head to head game.

Oh wait.....

Actually LSU won a nonconference game Monday night and Miss St played LSU earlier.

Boomhauer

Is it slippery?

what_she_said_office.gif

CountryFrog

Plus it might get in the way of cornhole championships and college bass fishing
Valid. I have no clue how some of that stuff ends up on espn other than the rights fees being very close to 0.

Major college baseball definitely has a larger following than that which probably puts it in the sweet spot of being popular enough to add value to their premium channels and streaming service whereas no one is paying for ESPN+ to watch a bass fishing tournament.