• The KillerFrogs

Okay which one of you guys did this?

JugbandFrog

I was the recipient of an Outstanding Student Leadership award in 1998, my 1st senior year. I lived in Milton Daniel for 4 years because two of those years, I had a room all to myself, with the last year being the corner room above the laundry room, which was a TA room, and huge.

Well, the night of the award, I decided to throw a kegger in that room. It was nuts! The room was packed and the party spread to the two rooms around me. Molting, being a freshman dorm at the time, there were some minors present.

The female hall director got wind of it and gathered up all the TAs and came en masse to break up the fiesta. She storms in and screams “nobody move, this is a raid!”

People started running! They tried to stop people, but that place cleared out fast. One dude jumped out the window, one gal hid under my stack of clothes in the closet, one dude took off and hid in a PortAPotty for a couple of hours. It was nuts. I just sat back and kept drinking as I was screwed. My friend, Jose, was passed out, so he waa screwed. Everyone else managed to get away. All that work and only three citations.

The third was a female friend of mine who was running away when the hall director yelled out “get back here you [ hundin]!” To which my friend stopped and CAME BACK because “nobody calls me a [ hundin]!” Which got her caught and a citation.

Oh boy was I in trouble the next day. I had a meeting with Don Mills, then Darron Turner. Mills was a bit jovial about it, but Darron was not.

When I was in the alcohol classes as part of my punishment, I had to explain how I got there, and I made a few new friends after that.

This was why I moved to the Bellaire Condos right next to school, where the parties kept on rolling.

AroundWorldFrog

Golf in the hallways? How do you get a reasonable backswing? The roof is too low...

There were some guys over in Tom Brown on the third floor facing north, who had the most excellent telescope. Foster and Sherley were extensively charted for timing and quality of the native fauna. Patience was generally rewarded.
giphy.gif

HToady

My first year in Milton Daniel was newly renovated with amenities established for recruiting. They put a pool and fooseball room in the center of the third floor. The room had a drop down acoustical ceiling which allowed a space for air conditioning ducts.
It wasn’t long before certain residents figured out that if you threw the pool balls hard enough they would penetrate the acoustical tiles yet not return.
Once all of the pool balls were gone, TCU was not inclined to provide anymore......

HG73

As a freshman in fall 1969 I showed up at the fraternity house one afternoon and there was a loud party in a room on the third floor. I got a beer and found a seat by the window. I noticed an old white haired geezer with a cane walking across the parking lot but didn't think anything about it. This was college, right? The geezer was Col. Murray, dean of men. He blocked the door and collected everyone's student ID. We all got disciplinary probation. That consisted of a visit with Dean Wibble and a letter to my parents. The dean was nice about it and (living at home) I managed to intercept the letter so no harm done.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Fall '82 we had a big party out at Frat Row. I forget the occasion, but lots of frisbees and footballs were tossed, kegs were hauled out to the curbs, a well-known Hi-Fi Audio Scion had speakers pointing out his window, and a grand time was had by all. Later on in the evening, the police stopped by to break it up and send everybody home. May have been the SAE being kicked out...

Anyway, I get a call the next morning from a concerned family member: "I saw there was a riot on the TCU campus!"

RufeBruton

As a freshman in fall 1969 I showed up at the fraternity house one afternoon and there was a loud party in a room on the third floor. I got a beer and found a seat by the window. I noticed an old white haired geezer with a cane walking across the parking lot but didn't think anything about it. This was college, right? The geezer was Col. Murray, dean of men. He blocked the door and collected everyone's student ID. We all got disciplinary probation. That consisted of a visit with Dean Wibble and a letter to my parents. The dean was nice about it and (living at home) I managed to intercept the letter so no harm done.

2nd floor, HG. Bowland/Jones room. The one with the boa constrictor.

Fall '82 we had a big party out at Frat Row. I forget the occasion, but lots of frisbees and footballs were tossed, kegs were hauled out to the curbs, a well-known Hi-Fi Audio Scion had speakers pointing out his window, and a grand time was had by all. Later on in the evening, the police stopped by to break it up and send everybody home. May have been the SAE being kicked out...

Anyway, I get a call the next morning from a concerned family member: "I saw there was a riot on the TCU campus!"
I was somewhere in that melee. It was the SAEs. Got same phone call from my grandparents.

Col. Murray covered up a lot of stuff the Phi Delts did. It helped he was one.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
The men of Pete Wright were generally less affluent with less social skills than the other residence hall members. We had a TV lounge with a small snack bar that was our social center on many weekends. One Saturday night there was a huge party and come Sunday morning, there were several guys passed out on the couches and chairs. Sunday morning, a feeble old fellow with a young couple came in the front door and toddled into the lounge. Well, there was a full sized painting of Pete on the wall, and it was immediately obvious that the old fellow was Pete Wright himself. He shuffled over to his portrait, took out a handkerchief, and began dabbing the smears of ketchup and mayonnaise that somehow were all over the glass and frame. I'm guessing the young couple were a niece or nephew and spouse, and old Pete was going to show off his residence hall. I quietly exited as fast as I could.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I got to TCU early my freshman year to run the TCU housing department computer. Xerox Sigma 9.
I had level 3 access which was the highest on campus.
For $10 you could purchase the Freshman girls room assignments and telephone number.
I had a printer in my little office.
Good times.

My campus job was working at the TCU switchboard in the basement of Sadler. It was when there was one main phone # for TCU and we plugged in the wires to the board to route calls to the girls dorms, frat and sorority houses, etc. It was real easy to connect the call and then turn off your headset microphone and just listen in. Amazing, sometimes!

CALF-FROG

Got to know Col. Murray, dean of men by going out with his daughter even had Thanksgiving at their house freshmen year. Glad I got to know him before being drug into his office a couple of times. Very nice standup person. The whole family was a pleasure to be around.