• The KillerFrogs

2021 Season Ticket Demand - Decrease?

Purp

based upon the newest guidance from the cdc there really is no reason not to allow tailgating back to lupton and in the fall
Your mention of the CDC reminded me of a conversation I had yesterday. One of my colleagues in our Lockhart branch organizes the famous tailgate behind the bullpen at the Disch. He talks to CDC (Del Conte type) often enough to make sure their group never misses UT baseball they want to see. Apparently Austin is still at 25% due to the mayor so the way CDC is approaching the ticketing situation is to sell whatever people want to buy at the box office without advertising that they're beyond 25% capacity. I think the exact quote was something like, "I'm not turning anybody away if they want to get in." So if they had several thousand walk-up buyers for a UT home game they could presumably all get in.

I halfway wonder if that's what's happening right now at Lupton. When I moved my tix into the reserved seating last week for the remainder of the season the ticket office was able to put me into seats that weren't available online. Makes me think that they could be had at the ticket office on game days.

tcumaniac

Your mention of the CDC reminded me of a conversation I had yesterday. One of my colleagues in our Lockhart branch organizes the famous tailgate behind the bullpen at the Disch. He talks to CDC (Del Conte type) often enough to make sure their group never misses UT baseball they want to see. Apparently Austin is still at 25% due to the mayor so the way CDC is approaching the ticketing situation is to sell whatever people want to buy at the box office without advertising that they're beyond 25% capacity. I think the exact quote was something like, "I'm not turning anybody away if they want to get in." So if they had several thousand walk-up buyers for a UT home game they could presumably all get in.

I halfway wonder if that's what's happening right now at Lupton. When I moved my tix into the reserved seating last week for the remainder of the season the ticket office was able to put me into seats that weren't available online. Makes me think that they could be had at the ticket office on game days.
I think you may be on to something... however, TCU has no reason to be doing anything incognito like Texas may be having to navigate in liberal Austin. Our AD needs to officially open to 100% and stop being a [ muschi ].

tcumaniac

I expect an overall decrease in renewals relative to the past 5 year average.

Reason #1 is simply due to us not being very good the past few seasons.

I think there will be a lot of people excited to get back out there, but I also think there will be people that realized they enjoyed the freedom of not feeling obligated to attend every game because they bought season tickets. I also think that there will be season ticket holders with larger accounts of tickets that will renew, but will drop some of the extras they've been historically buying.

Because of this, I expect this year to provide the best upgrade opportunities since the stadium was re-sat in 2012.

tcumaniac

Aka... "If you show up to buy a ticket, we'll let you in."

Bob Sugar

Anyone know why "Priority Points information is not available for online access at this time." It would be nice to see where I am ranked compared to last year.

Brog

We are going back to 100% availability this year. The biggest question is will people come back or have they gotten out of the habit. I really think college football on a whole will see a drop in attendance compared to 2019.

Interesting that this is just what a lot of church pastors are now saying. Most of the ones I've heard talk say they think it will be a long time, if ever, til church attendance goes back to what it once was.

cheese83

I bet there’s a reduction, we haven’t been good and lots of people or companies probably won’t be able to justify the cost this Fall.
Then add in the increasing number of out of state students and our fan base could be in trouble over the next 10 years or so.

ticketfrog123

I bet there’s a reduction, we haven’t been good and lots of people or companies probably won’t be able to justify the cost this Fall.
Then add in the increasing number of out of state students and our fan base could be in trouble over the next 10 years or so.

I agree with this - interest among younger alumni seems minimal and even worse with the more recent graduates who never experienced a bowl game or competitive football team

I suspect that those who think that there is a significant number of people who found out they enjoy the freedom of not going to the games or being tied to sporting events for the social aspect are going to drop out are correct in that thinking. I found out last season that I don't have to tailgate before every game and can still just go enjoy watching a football game so it seems inevitable that some that don't really attend for the games themselves will not come back. All those other things are ancillary to me so I expect to be able to enjoy the actual games from better seats this season.