• The KillerFrogs

Five losses that hurt the most

GoFrog Yourself

2014 Baylor (die)
2011 Baylor (scheiss Robert griffin)
2013 Baylor (could’ve knocked them out of Big 12 title contention, also my last home game as a student)
2016 Coastal (scheiss that rubber armed pitcher and that bearded midget)
2017 Florida (hope to never see Alex Faedo again)

2008 Utah sucked but I wasn’t a full frog yet

2015 Vandy (Kaylee Hartung game) was a kick in the nuts when that ball went over the fence. Helluva pitchers duel, but would’ve never happened if Vandy didn’t get the rain delay against Fullerton.

mwe2187

Baylor 2014
Fiesta Bowl - even though it set the table for next year's amazingness.

I was thankful to be at the OU/Baylor game in 2019, it gave me some solace in watching Baylor implode. I was so salty that night too. We sat in generally an area of OU fans (west side top sections for alternate away fans)... but i guess Baylor sold any remaining tickets for overflow. We had a pack of Baylor fans tell us to sit down because they couldn't see.

Are you kidding me? It's the biggest game in the stadium's history (at least since 2014) and you aren't going bats*** crazy for a game?

I was so happy to b**** at them after the collapse. I don't know why, but it felt like the weight of the 2014 was off my shoulders.

Spike

I'm the only one who ever mentions 1981 Rice. Maybe just gets thrown into the see of FA Dry forgetfullness. Has just played SMU tough the beat Arkansas for first time in forverver. Had a big lead at 21-6 then we roughed the kicker. They took the points off the board, got a TD and a 2t conversion. They went on a tear and beat us like 41 28. For a minute I thought Frogs had the corner turned. It did not take Dry long to get the Frogs into games, but never could seem to actually get the W.

LVH

Surprised no one has mentioned Nebraska losing to Texas in 2009. Kept us out of the national title game.

Or Cal's meltdown against Oregon in 2010, or Alabama's meltdown against Auburn in 2010, or Mississippi State melting down against Auburn in 2010. Those 2 teams ahead of us in 2010 had some squeaker wins.

Froggish

Bay 2014 hurt as I am more and more convinced it cost us National Title and a probably would have spring boarded us into just under elite status.

Most recently - 2019 - WVU / 2020 KSU - Two of the most apathetic and embarrassing losses of the GP era. Only real times I've questioned whether GP needs to hang it up. Don't recall ever seeing teams so under prepared and unmotivated.

Pharm Frog

Bay 2014 hurt as I am more and more convinced it cost us National Title and a probably would have spring boarded us into just under elite status.

Most recently - 2019 - WVU / 2020 KSU - Two of the most apathetic and embarrassing losses of the GP era. Only real times I've questioned whether GP needs to hang it up. Don't recall ever seeing teams so under prepared and unmotivated.

That WVU game was embarrassing as heck. Only worse unmotivated, ill prepared, and lethargic effort I’ve seen at ACS was the UH v Army in the bowl game. Loved every second of that game though

At the time it happened, and the way it happened, Utah 2008 has to take the prize for me. Such a winnable game. Two missed chip shot FGs, and Jimmy Young’s (?) foot barely out of bounds to negate a sure TD, and then their last minute drive to win.

I was in the dumps for months after that one.

Froginbedford

Beat them solidly in 2012. Boykin ran over their DB for a statement TD. 49 21. Lost a pride game in 2013 after a bunch of turnovers. Blew big lead in 2014. Got the lead but kept throwing fade routes and running backs going out of bounds.

IIRC, didn't we throw 3 consecutive pick 6s?

Froginbedford

At the time it happened, and the way it happened, Utah 2008 has to take the prize for me. Such a winnable game. Two missed chip shot FGs, and Jimmy Young’s (?) foot barely out of bounds to negate a sure TD, and then their last minute drive to win.

I was in the dumps for months after that one.

FIrst quarter, I think...ahead 10-0, driving almost at will and had the Utes gasping for breath... and got 3 consecutive false start penalties....Changed the whole nature of the game....

PurpleBlood87

Surprised no one has mentioned Nebraska losing to Texas in 2009. Kept us out of the national title game.

Or Cal's meltdown against Oregon in 2010, or Alabama's meltdown against Auburn in 2010, or Mississippi State melting down against Auburn in 2010. Those 2 teams ahead of us in 2010 had some squeaker wins.

What about Wisconsin rolling over and giving up against ohio state?

Bob Sugar

While certainly not top 5, the 2011 losses to Baylor and SMU really stung.

Down 47-23 entering the 4th quarter, TCU scores 25 unanswered to take the lead with 4:37 to go. Baylor completes a 3rd-10 conversion WR pass to RGIII and kicks the go ahead FG. Pachall marches TCU to just outside FG range before throwing a pick to end the game.

Down 33-17 in the 4th quarter, TCU scores 16 unanswered to tie the game, but SMU wins in OT and their fans storm TCU's field. I am still unsure how the TCU students didn't go retaliate for that.

Bob Sugar

Or FSU eking out their last 4-5 games in 2014 to sneak into the playoffs because they were an undefeated defending champ.

Froglaw

Wasn't the NEB - ut the one the Refs put time back on the clock so Fexus could win?