• The KillerFrogs

OT: Boomer Threads

Westsider

My grown daughters howl at my clothes and I don't get it. I'm a sharp dresser and they're full of [ Finebaum ]. My go-to attire:

Everyday business: Jos. Banks button-down, leather weave belt, Levi relaxed fit jeans, white New Balance tennis shoes
with matching white socks.
Summer/Spring: Golf shirt, khaki or sand colored cotton 9" shorts, New Balance tennis shoe with white footsies.
Fall/winter: Golf shirt with golf vest, relaxed fit jeans, white New Balance tennis shoes with white socks.
Church: Blue blazer, white button down shirt, gray or khaki pants with hidden expandable waist, brown
Johnson & Murphy two toned saddle shoes usually with socks.

Would be interested if I'm off the mark, but not interested in comments from dumb-ass millennials who don't know what a collared shirt is.

flyfishingfrog

They still make relaxed fit jeans?

Cmon man - even I don’t do that anymore with all the flex in “denim” now

Try some On Clouds - not white

and maybe get some UntuckIt shirts if you want to be more casual and not look like a guy on the way to the golf course all the time

Last edited:

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Reserve wearing white socks unless:

- you are actually engaged in an actual sport that has specific footwear;

- if you have an active case of athletes' foot.

Agree with fly about new "flex" jeans and shirts designed to be worn untucked. UntuckIt and Stantt | Custom Men's Dress Shirts. Peter Millar added a couple of nice untuck-length shirts in their spring collection.

New Balance shoes are only appropriate for yard work.

Eight

first question, how many pair of pants do you own with pleats?

second, why the white socks with white tennis shoes?

third, the only clothing/ accessories you should wear that are woven are to be made of fabric, preferably naturals ones though carbon fiber would be cool if you are bruce wayne, and not animal hide

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Wow. My threads are more along the lines of:

Whatever cotton t-shirt is on top of the clean shirts pile.
Khaki shorts (without too many holes).
Teva sandals.

Sometimes I even wear a hat!

Paint It Purple

My grown daughters howl at my clothes and I don't get it. I'm a sharp dresser and they're full of [ #2020 ]. My go-to attire:

Everyday business: Jos. Banks button-down, leather weave belt, Levi relaxed fit jeans, white New Balance tennis shoes
Summer/Spring: Golf shirt, khaki or sand colored cotton 9" shorts, New Balance tennis shoe with white footsies.
Fall/winter: Golf shirt with golf vest, relaxed fit jeans, white New Balance tennis shoes with white socks.
Church: Blue blazer, white button down shirt, gray or khaki pants with hidden expandable waist, brown

Would be interested if I'm off the mark, but not interested in comments from dumb-ass millennials who don't know what a collared shirt is.
Excellent role-model Westsider. But, Levi’s? Levi’s = woke communists

Dogfrog

Wow. My threads are more along the lines of:

Whatever cotton t-shirt is on top of the clean shirts pile.
Khaki shorts (without too many holes).
Teva sandals.

Sometimes I even wear a hat!

Yea, I’m on the river trails on my bike most days - typical attire would be Nike flop hat, my “So many bars, so little time” South Padre T-shirt, black Bombas shorty socks, WalMart George-brand men’s stretch sneakers ($11).
Can’t overstate how much the chicks dig this ensemble.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Any response to anyone critical of Boomers should be: you have obviously mistaken me for someone that cares what people think that also believe suits that look too small, brown shoes with blue suits and black athletic socks, and millennial mullets (man buns) look cool. Just thank us for your IPhones, et al. And just remember, someday you’ll be a geek to your kids...

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
first question, how many pair of pants do you own with pleats?

second, why the white socks with white tennis shoes?

third, the only clothing/ accessories you should wear that are woven are to be made of fabric, preferably naturals ones though carbon fiber would be cool if you are bruce wayne, and not animal hide

Why white sock with tennis shoes? Well to me it reminds me of my dearly departed dad doing the yard with black dress socks and mostly because it what everyone did until some fool in the late 90s thought black athletic socks were the new deal and all the lemmings followed...

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
"Now I'm gettin old, don't wear underwear.
I don't go to church, and I don't cut my hair.
But I can go to movies and see it all there, just the way that it used to be..."

Peacefrog

Degenerate
My grown daughters howl at my clothes and I don't get it. I'm a sharp dresser and they're full of [ #2020 ]. My go-to attire:

Never tuck in unless you’re in the presence of clergy or a judge.

CryptoMiner

Dad stop

Relic

I think you have misconstrued your responsibilities as the father of millennials. Your only - repeat ONLY - job is to embarrass them with your clothing choices as severely and as often as possible. My own daughter can barely stand to be seen in public with me...(I assume it's the clothing, but who knows?)