• The KillerFrogs

2022 Recruiting Thread

Punter1

Yea...I woulda bet he was 230+....dude looks unlike any HS WR I've ever seen. Imagine a TCU-sized Paul Dawson with 4.4 speed playing WR in HS.

So in pregame...North Shore has a weird deal where they wear scrimmage jerseys with no numbers on them. Saw the WR group come out and there was this massive kid catching passes...I knew before Banks was big...but still thought this guy had to be their MLB just running thru drills. It was Banks. I was floored.

Eight

If we get Banks...I definitely think Denver Harris is a possibility.

After watching North Shore in person from the sidelines during pregame and and thru the actual game.. I can see why we are getting some of their players now. They are a VERY disciplined and well coached team with very involved and strict coaches. These kids know hard coaching gets then to the next level and wins games...so they aren't scared of playing for a guy like GP.

I mean....how many HS coaches woulda sent Zach Evans home the nite before a state championship game?? Not many. Yea, they had other D1 running backs and great players...but still. It was a ballsy move...just like what GP did to Boykin.

North Shore hasn't been good strictly because they've had great athletes the past 10 years...they have a complete program down there with great, involved coaches who know their stuff. It's awesome we have a pipeline down there now..

they have had athletes for years, but david aymond's teams were overly conservative on offense and they didn't play with the discipline you mentioned above.

aymond had some great teams, that 2003 state championship team put as bad a physical beating on the woodlands as i had seen in a state title game since yates beat the crap out of permian back in the 80's, but most of aymond's teams would find a way to lose games in the play offs or could be physically beaten. very similar to manvel's history.

kay basically grew up professionally at gpns, has worked his way up through the program so nothing was handed to him, he is known in the community, and from what i have been told has the respect of the high school coaches for his staff working as hard as his teams play.

you example on evans is a great one because the only player on that roster close to zach's physical talent is banks and thanks to crypto for posting the tweet from banks.

if an offensive staff had some imagination you could really do some damage with shadrach moving around the formation and it would not surprise me if he does end up getting carries out of the backfield.

he isn't a pure receiver similar to golden in this class or even a big receiver similar to johnston or savion, but the ability to move between the backfield to the slot or even isolated out wide makes him a potentially tough match up.

ulitmately view him as a leveon bell type back

Eight

Yea...I woulda bet he was 230+....dude looks unlike any HS WR I've ever seen. Imagine a TCU-sized Paul Dawson with 4.4 speed playing WR in HS.

So in pregame...North Shore has a weird deal where they wear scrimmage jerseys with no numbers on them. Saw the WR group come out and there was this massive kid catching passes...I knew before Banks was big...but still thought this guy had to be their MLB just running thru drills. It was Banks. I was floored.

if you had seen them the year before in pregame and he was next to zach and you had to pick which one was the receiver and which one was the back i would think most would go the wrong way on their guess.

you also made a very good point in that banks isn't a big receiver in comparison to say david boston who i saw in high school out of humble. boston was 6'3" and 185-190 out of high school. he was bigger than most high school defensive backs but more rangy than thick.

thick is the perfect example for shadrich and the best comparison i can give is those who remember charles barkley back in the day as a guy whose body just didn't match the position he played and the plays he made on the floor. granted, different sport and barkley is an all time great, but as can be seen in the video clipped linked by crypto that is a big guy shaking a defender and running away from defensive backs

Punter1

if you had seen them the year before in pregame and he was next to zach and you had to pick which one was the receiver and which one was the back i would think most would go the wrong way on their guess.

you also made a very good point in that banks isn't a big receiver in comparison to say david boston who i saw in high school out of humble. boston was 6'3" and 185-190 out of high school. he was bigger than most high school defensive backs but more rangy than thick.

thick is the perfect example for shadrich and the best comparison i can give is those who remember charles barkley back in the day as a guy whose body just didn't match the position he played and the plays he made on the floor. granted, different sport and barkley is an all time great, but as can be seen in the video clipped linked by crypto that is a big guy shaking a defender and running away from defensive backs

I was thinking of David Boston because he got huge after college...but the only analogy to Banks I can think of is Anquan Boldin. He wasn't a pure WR, he came in as a QB in college...but Banks is faster. But both were about 6-1, 230ish and just physical beasts.

L. Bell is a good analogy as well as he is gonna line up everywhere...and create matchup nightmares with motion. Gotta think a SS or LB is gonna go with him in man if he's in the backfield and then it's on....

Eight

I was thinking of David Boston because he got huge after college...but the only analogy to Banks I can think of is Anquan Boldin. He wasn't a pure WR, he came in as a QB in college...but Banks is faster. But both were about 6-1, 230ish and just physical beasts.

L. Bell is a good analogy as well as he is gonna line up everywhere...and create matchup nightmares with motion. Gotta think a SS or LB is gonna go with him in man if he's in the backfield and then it's on....

saw boston in a playoff game for humble and he just couldn't be covered by the team they were playing as well as it seemed he covered most of the field from the safety postion.

never understood why he did what he did in the nfl, but it also puts into perspective just what a freak dj metcalfe is being as big as he is and still is a functional receiver