• The KillerFrogs

Jeremiah Donati is a Spineless, [ muschi ]

ticketfrog123

During the Saturday spring game "show", Donati was very vague but sounded optimistic it would be back to normal. Although his wording was extremely fluffy and left plenty of room for interpretation. It's certainly not a done deal like many had thought.

thanks I was afraid there was a read through with baseball

If Donati limits capacity I’m sure more than a few people here will cancel tickets out of rage

Last edited:

cheese83

Is this a deal where since we are a private school we have more exposure towards possible lawsuits down the road when compared to state schools?

ticketfrog123

Is this a deal where since we are a private school we have more exposure towards possible lawsuits down the road when compared to state schools?

good question - Vanderbilt coach also spoke out about their capacity restrictions

somebody here has mentioned public schools are extensions of the state and have some special exoneration from certain lawsuits

If the Baylor stuff happened at Tech, Tech would still be subjects to lawsuits though, etc.

Bob Sugar

No. There is less than minimal exposure to lawsuits. NO respectable lawyer would take on such a case and the non-respectable ones would be laughed out of court. Otherwise, you'd have seen lawsuits for decades accusing flu on other illness deaths of having occurred because someone attended a sporting event.

Pharm Frog

good question - Vanderbilt coach also spoke out about their capacity restrictions

somebody here has mentioned public schools are extensions of the state and have some special exoneration from certain lawsuits

If the Baylor stuff happened at Tech, Tech would still be subjects to lawsuits though, etc.

Corbin’s beef is with Nashville. Not Vandy

YA

cheese83

No. There is less than minimal exposure to lawsuits. NO respectable lawyer would take on such a case and the non-respectable ones would be laughed out of court. Otherwise, you'd have seen lawsuits for decades accusing flu on other illness deaths of having occurred because someone attended a sporting event.

Are you a lawyer? I’m just curious since you make it sound so unreasonable. In today’s America I just assume you can get sued for anything and if it goes to a jury trial then who knows.

If there was no legal risk as you make it sound then we have no reason to not go full capacity.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Are you a lawyer? I’m just curious since you make it sound so unreasonable. In today’s America I just assume you can get sued for anything and if it goes to a jury trial then who knows.

If there was no legal risk as you make it sound then we have no reason to not go full capacity.
It is now a political pandemic and I am guessing TCU, like some others, have little Faucis running around screaming it is not safe.

Bob Sugar

Yes. and attorneys can get sanctioned for filing frivolous lawsuits.

So I would say there is no legal risk. The only reason not to go full capacity, IMHO, is fear of public perception.

and attorneys can get sanctioned for filing frivolous lawsuits.
Yup.

It amazes me that ppl are generally ignorant of the fact in that while we have fairly accessible civil courts, there is just a small, infinitesimal, amount of frivolous lawsuits and those that are filed are generally quickly tossed (though perhaps not without some hoopla) and/or counsel sanctioned.

You can file a Complaint. I can likewise file a Motion to Dismiss.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

Yup.

It amazes me that ppl are generally ignorant of the fact in that while we have fairly accessible civil courts, there is just a small, infinitesimal, amount of frivolous lawsuits and those that are filed are generally quickly tossed (though perhaps not without some hoopla) and/or counsel sanctioned.

And you both get paid. Seems like good work if you can get it.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Yup.

Yeah, well, there are laws on the books but judges RARELY apply them. One prominent North Texas Federal judge at a seminar last year flat out said, Do not file sanctions motions they will not be granted. And that's the attitude of most judges.

Steel has a case right now where a nut job has sued not only Steel's client, but every judge in Dallas county, federal and state, all Texas supreme court justices and the governor of Texas. And this is a guy who has already been adjudicated a "vexatious litigant" in Texas state civil courts and all four federal Texas districts, plus the southern district of Georgia--and those orders have so much teeth in them that he STILL manages to file cases about every 2-4 weeks, and courts do very little to stem the tide. He has also sued Trump and Milania, Biden and his wife in courts in 2 separate states, etc.