• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

dawg

One more then I'm done...

Ezc7ZzFVcAM2t_P

Eight

With the 50% +1 ownership rule in Germany you have to assume at least half of them were share holders. That's got to piss you off to an extra level.

club is been around over 100 years so between the share holders as you point out and a multiple years of generations following the club there are some very deep roots

also have to believe the fans not being allowed in to the matches and having no other real avenues to vent contributed to the reaction

Chongo94

Interesting fallout tidbits from all this...

Seems another push to add Celtic and Rangers to the premier league is starting again and seems to have legs but who knows.

There are also some people saying some in the league think they should reduce the league by 2 teams.

Purp

Interesting fallout tidbits from all this...

Seems another push to add Celtic and Rangers to the premier league is starting again and seems to have legs but who knows.

There are also some people saying some in the league think they should reduce the league by 2 teams.
That would be good for Centlic and Rangers and I'm not sure it would hurt the Scottish league much. I would imagine viewership would decline a bit, but I can't imagine they've got an enormous amount of TV revenue anyway. Those two clubs own that league and basically have no real competition. They have little opportunity to grow either, which makes it near impossible for them to attract and retain top talent. I bet if they offered to throw a bone to the Scottish league they could make that happen and everyone would benefit except for a couple English clubs who would start having to worry more about relegation.

Eight

That would be good for Centlic and Rangers and I'm not sure it would hurt the Scottish league much. I would imagine viewership would decline a bit, but I can't imagine they've got an enormous amount of TV revenue anyway. Those two clubs own that league and basically have no real competition. They have little opportunity to grow either, which makes it near impossible for them to attract and retain top talent. I bet if they offered to throw a bone to the Scottish league they could make that happen and everyone would benefit except for a couple English clubs who would start having to worry more about relegation.

gerrard still manager of rangers?

Bizarro Frog

Would be great if they got added to the EPL. It would give the other clubs in the Scottish League a chance for success. Rangers and Celtic would benefit from more money I assume and could have the potential to become a force with increased finances.

Chongo94

Arsenal met with the fans apparently, it did not go that well.

A quote from Josh Kroenke, somehow Stan spawned children, “we asked ourselves, what is worse: ESL, or ESL without Arsenal? Also asked ourselves what do the fans want? The global fan wants AFC v Barca as often as possible. English fans want to see more big matches, but you still want your cold nights in Stoke. We got it wrong.” Note the subtle dig at his own club’s fans.

The Kroenkes are just the worst.

Last edited:

Chongo94

Apparently the 14 epl clubs not involved in the super league want the removal of the chairmen and chief executives of the clubs that were involved.

I’d rather it was the owners for Arsenal’s sake but oh well.

Purp

Apparently the 14 epl clubs not involved in the super league want the removal of the chairmen and chief executives of the clubs that were involved.

I’d rather it was the owners for Arsenal’s sake but oh well.
I think that's reasonable. I'm curious to see where the British government gets exploring the 50+1 ownership rule. That could solve a lot of problems. I really love that concept.

Chongo94

@dawg Best news ever! Although I’m sure it won’t happen and has a .00000000000000000000001 chance of happening, I am relishing in this headline for today at least. And it does say that according to sources, the Kroenkes may be tempted by a bid of $2 billion pounds, roughly 3.5/4 billion dollars I think...?

Also, this is an article from the Telegraph so it’s not exactly a tag like all those others, so there may actually be some weight to all this.

Spotify founder Daniel Ek's Arsenal interest is genuine - and he is plotting takeover bid

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.te...el-eks-arsenal-interest-genuine-plotting/amp/

Last edited: