• The KillerFrogs

Midweek Baseball: Frogs v UTA

Punter1

I am sure Moose or someone more knowledgeable of baseball can explain it better but I got the impression from a discussion with a couple of people around the program that we were planning on redshirting him but given the bullpen issues - Schloss talked to him about pitching this year because he has shown an ability to be “effective within the strike zone “ in his past - which I assume means he is good at picking the edges or moving around in the zone without getting hit hard but doesn’t rely a lot on pitches that move out of the zone hard one way or another

so he is a lot more controlled in his approach than many in the pen at this time

So glad we pulled the RS off Savage. This is an Omaha team which means a decent shot at an NC. With that in mind...and Schloss knows this obviously...its all hands on deck. Play everybody.

Kinda frustrated about Meador, Riley and Cam...hopefully we just wanted to feel out Savage and this isn't an indictment on those other three.

SuperTFrog

Guessing the team will be happy with his approach regardless of anyone else’s approval of his methods
I bet the team doesn’t care that he complained on an internet fan forum non stop that accomplished nothing. I bet the team is glad he went to talk to the people that matter. I bet the team would say he should have skipped the whining on this website and focused on what made a difference.

Not trying to be a jerk to you, but it irks me that he is getting praise for his methods that seem to go against everything he stands for as a person at his core.

I probably need to call it a night!!!

tcumaniac

I bet the team doesn’t care that he complained on an internet fan forum non stop that accomplished nothing. I bet the team is glad he went to talk to the people that matter. I bet the team would say he should have skipped the whining on this website and focused on what made a difference.

Not trying to be a jerk to you, but it irks me that he is getting praise for his methods that seem to go against everything he stands for as a person at his core.

I probably need to call it a night!!!
I know I get a lot of crap for my incessant whining on here, and it's probably well deserved, but from my perspective, this board is full of real life TCU fans and alumni that deeply care about our university. It's also frequented by people that work at TCU and genuinely carry influence over decisions that are made.

You may strongly disagree with my approach, but I personally do think the topics and concerns voiced on this board can play a roll in effecting change and influencing decisions at TCU. .

tcumaniac

Very glad Maniac did that. Thoroughly disgusted he had to do that to get action. Unless there’s way more to the story, it’s an embarrassment.
Just to provide some clarification:

After going to all 3 games this weekend, I just couldn't take the silliness anymore.

The majority of our reserved seats are zip-tied shut. If someone dares to break a zip tie and sit in that seat, they are loudly and aggressively shamed and scolded by TCU staff or ballpark security. While our reserved seats sit mostly empty, except, of course, for the student section that is packed like sardines, people are all but forced to sit on top of each other in the outfield, which isn’t close to big enough to fit all the people that are supposed to sit out there. In the name of safety and social distancing, season ticket holders like me are not allowed to sit in our usual reserved seats. Instead, we are told to sit in the outfield, shoulder to shoulder with people, just like we’d be doing in our normal seats. The silliness and disingenuous nature of it all is mind numbing.

Meanwhile, our athletic director is sending out ambiguous tweets blaming our restricted capacity on the need for approval from an unspecified source.

Under the assumption that we are no longer under any state, county, or city capacity restrictions, I assumed that Donati was implying that we still needed approval from our Chancellor to increase capacity.

I knew Chancellor Boschini from my time at TCU (and really appreciate and respect the man as both a person and a leader), so I decided to reach out to him last night and essentially ask why we were scared to actually "Lead On."

I referenced his Star Telegram interview and his desire for at least one more "Rose Bowl type moment" before he retires, and that while I obviously still hope that Gary finds a way to reach the top of the pyramid, we actively have a baseball team capable of having a Rose Bowl type moment of their own, yet because of a charade of illogical policies, our team isn't able to receive the kind of fan support they deserve.

I referenced Donati's tweet as the reason I was reaching out to him about this issue, and urged him to reconsider our current attendance restrictions, especially as the UT series quickly approaches.

Chancellor Boschini responded first thing this morning and said the current policies had nothing to do with him and almost seemed to not even be fully aware of how things were currently being handled at Lupton... but he promised to look into it and see if he could make some headway.

Later this afternoon, he reached back out saying they had just received the go-ahead to increase capacity.

I still have no clue who is supposedly in charge of approving our capacity policies, and I'm left frustratingly curious... but at least we seem to have made some progress.

He could have done all of those things and got the same thing accomplished without complaining incessantly on the board. I am certainly stoked that we are opening up to 50% and grateful to him if he played a role, but will not change my opinion that complaining non stop on an Internet forum is not a good use of time.
Is complaining about people complaining a good use of time?

Punter1

After going to all 3 games this weekend, I just couldn't take the silliness anymore.

The majority of our reserved seats are zip-tied shut. If someone dares to break a zip tie and sit in that seat, they are loudly and aggressively shamed and scolded by TCU staff or ballpark security. While our reserved seats sit mostly empty, except, of course, for the student section that is packed like sardines, people are all but forced to sit on top of each other in the outfield, which isn’t close to big enough to fit all the people that are supposed to sit out there. In the name of safety and social distancing, season ticket holders like me are not allowed to sit in our usual reserved seats. Instead, we are told to sit in the outfield, shoulder to shoulder with people, just like we’d be doing in our normal seats. The silliness and disingenuous nature of it all is mind numbing.

Meanwhile, our athletic director is sending out ambiguous tweets blaming our restricted capacity on the need for approval from an unspecified source.

Under the assumption that we are no longer under any state, county, or city capacity restrictions, I assumed that Donati was implying that we still needed approval from our Chancellor to increase capacity.

I knew Chancellor Boschini from my time at TCU (and really appreciate and respect the man as both a person and a leader), so I decided to reach out to him last night and essentially ask why we were scared to actually "Lead On."

I referenced his Star Telegram interview and his desire for at least one more "Rose Bowl type moment" before he retires, and that while I obviously still hope that Gary finds a way to reach the top of the pyramid, we actively have a baseball team capable of having a Rose Bowl type moment of their own, yet because of a charade of illogical policies, our team isn't able to receive the kind of fan support they deserve.

I referenced Donati's tweet as the reason I was reaching out to him about this issue, and urged him to reconsider our current attendance restrictions, especially as the UT series quickly approaches.

Chancellor Boschini responded first thing this morning and said the current policies had nothing to do with him and almost seemed to not even be fully aware of how things were currently being handled at Lupton... but he promised to look into it and see if he could make some headway.

Later this afternoon, he reached back out saying they had just received the go-ahead to increase capacity.

I still have no clue who is supposedly in charge of approving our capacity policies, and I'm left frustratingly curious... but at least we seem to have made some progress.

Well done sir...

Moose Stuff

He could have done all of those things and got the same thing accomplished without complaining incessantly on the board. I am certainly stoked that we are opening up to 50% and grateful to him if he played a role, but will not change my opinion that complaining non stop on an Internet forum is not a good use of time.

Worth noting that you're complaining on an Internet forum. Well done @tcumaniac.

Moose Stuff

So glad we pulled the RS off Savage. This is an Omaha team which means a decent shot at an NC. With that in mind...and Schloss knows this obviously...its all hands on deck. Play everybody.

Kinda frustrated about Meador, Riley and Cam...hopefully we just wanted to feel out Savage and this isn't an indictment on those other three.

Given the reality of how much it costs to go here, how hard it is for us to spread out our scholarships to kids that deserve them, and how important it is that the ones getting a ton of money are performing..... not gonna shock me at all if at least one of the above isn't here next year.

Punter1

Given the reality of how much it costs to go here, how hard it is for us to spread out our scholarships to kids that deserve them, and how important it is that the ones getting a ton of money are performing..... not gonna shock me at all if at least one of the above isn't here next year.

I've been thinking that too...hopefully Cam stays. He's younger and looks like he has the power pitcher build we like.

Outta Riley and Meador...who has the better stuff or should be doing better??

Is questioning the time management skills of complainers who are complaining about a complainer a good use of time?
Is questioning my time management, being a keyboard funny man , or really the entire interwebs, a good use of any of our time?

Farwell. I'm off to make good(er?) Use of the precious units of time measurements i have on this rock as it spins through the space time continuum in a flat circle. I will be back tomorrow when my wife grants me a new allotment of screen time.

flyfishingfrog

I've been thinking that too...hopefully Cam stays. He's younger and looks like he has the power pitcher build we like.

Outta Riley and Meador...who has the better stuff or should be doing better??
Aren’t they all freshman?

I recall Cornelio being highly ranked coming in - not sure if the others were also since I don’t pay a ton of attention until they get to campus in baseball

question for me would be who can figure it out to help this year because as Moose said - if they go back to normal roster sizes next year, I am guessing we have too many pitchers given we have thrown 19 arms now this year

Eight

thanks for the background info, thanks for the effort, and thanks for putting up with the flack that we toss your way at times.

really am curious now who was making the call to restrict attendance

flyfishingfrog

I am fairly consistent in my posts. I would love for people to be more positive. I am willing to get ridiculed for trying to be positive and hopefully rub off on others to do the same. I feel like that is a good use of my time.
Positive would have been saying great job Maniac - see how someone taking initiative can enact change over those that just anonymously complain!

Your response was just to be a dick - there was nothing positive about it

So when you take action to actually try to solve a problem you are no longer whining in my book. Good work. I would venture to say 99% of the people here (me included) are whiners. You are allowed to [ hundin] about attendance caps all you want.