• The KillerFrogs

Midweek Baseball: Frogs v UTA

PO Frog

Tell me more about this Savage fella. Pounding the strike zone sounds promising. What kind of stuff does he have? I’d settle for someone that
can come in and reliably throw strikes down in the zone for a couple of innings. So disgusted by the control issues. Imagine it’s driving CKS crazy considering the type of pitcher he was and the type he’s groomed over the years.

hometown frog

So let’s see how they handle the capacity increase. W the digital tickets it would be a simple keystroke to get more folks into reserved seats by tomorrow at lunch.
Hell they can just open up that center section in the upper deck behind home plate that’s always completely empty and double stadium capacity in one spot.

Punter1

Seriously, how many people thought we acquired Luke Savage in a deadline deal with Vanderbilt for Porter Brown?

I'm pretty dam knowledgeable about this team and our players and I have NEVER heard of this dude.

flyfishingfrog

Tell me more about this Savage fella. Pounding the strike zone sounds promising. What kind of stuff does he have? I’d settle for someone that
can come in and reliably throw strikes down in the zone for a couple of innings. So disgusted by the control issues. Imagine it’s driving CKS crazy considering the type of pitcher he was and the type he’s groomed over the years.
I am sure Moose or someone more knowledgeable of baseball can explain it better but I got the impression from a discussion with a couple of people around the program that we were planning on redshirting him but given the bullpen issues - Schloss talked to him about pitching this year because he has shown an ability to be “effective within the strike zone “ in his past - which I assume means he is good at picking the edges or moving around in the zone without getting hit hard but doesn’t rely a lot on pitches that move out of the zone hard one way or another

so he is a lot more controlled in his approach than many in the pen at this time

SuperTFrog

You can thank Maniac

and I am 100% serious - he reached out to VBo and facilitated a discussion where Victor was made aware the county was not restricting us - the Athletic department just needed approval

and it happen

so a lot of people in this board owe him a thank you and a few more an apology
He could have done all of those things and got the same thing accomplished without complaining incessantly on the board. I am certainly stoked that we are opening up to 50% and grateful to him if he played a role, but will not change my opinion that complaining non stop on an Internet forum is not a good use of time.

flyfishingfrog

He could have done all of those things and got the same thing accomplished without complaining incessantly on the board. I am certainly stoked that we are opening up to 50% and grateful to him if he played a role, but will not change my opinion that complaining non stop on an Internet forum is a good use of time.
Well he did more than anyone else including me, you and evidently more than our AD or the Assistant AD in charge of seating that sits in reserved seats every game but neither bothered to call VBO and talk about how to increase capacity

Guessing the team will be happy with his approach regardless of anyone else’s approval of his methods

Pharm Frog

He could have done all of those things and got the same thing accomplished without complaining incessantly on the board. I am certainly stoked that we are opening up to 50% and grateful to him if he played a role, but will not change my opinion that complaining non stop on an Internet forum is not a good use of time.

I don’t think anyone with an ounce of rationality would suggest that posting anything on an Internet forum for which you don’t get paid is a good use of time regardless of the degree to which the content is completely positive or exclusively complaining.