• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

Purp

Stats through 04/18 (getting close to 2/3rds of the way through the regular season...some teams have already reached that point)
  • Frogs are 3rd in the country in walks drawn. Top 5 are Arkie, Tenn, Frogs, TTU, and Texas
  • Frogs are tied for 269th in sac bunts with three. TTU is also tied for 269th. Should be tied for 274th with two. The teams with the least amount are St. Bonaventure, St. Peter’s, San Diego State, and San Jose State. You’d think that those “saints” would be more willing to sacrifice. UT is 7th. Kansas is 10th. ULM (a future opponent) is 5th.
  • Frogs are 29th in team batting average. Only BU is higher among the conference opponents although OU and UT aren’t far behind.
  • Frogs are 78th in ERA. 54th in WHIP
  • Frogs are 35th in fielding percentage
  • Frogs are 16th in HRs with 45. Don’t see us threatening #1 Arkie with its 70.
  • Frogs are 5th in scoring with 8.4 runs per game
  • Frogs are 7th in steals with 73 against only 13 caught stealing (and probably half of those were pick-off’s)
  • Frogs are 12th in slugging percentage and 7th in on-base-percentage
When we had a 2-3 week run where our starters were throwing lights out we were damn near unbeatable. I feel like we've got a couple more guys in the bullpen than Haylen and Chuck that we can give the ball to in tight spots, but we need Krob more consistent and Johnny to get it together. If those things happen before the postseason I'll really be excited about our chances. Our offense has been very good and we still haven't had more than half the lineup hitting well at the same time.

Purp

Surprised OSU’s team batting average isn’t leading the nation after this past weekend.
I'm a bit surprised by that too. Those kids were tough outs. Tons of fisted bloopers, situational hits, and solid contact the other way. All are hallmarks of hitters who can handle pitches all over the zone. I swear half of the 18 hits they had Friday were really good pitches off the hands or off the end of the bat. They earned most of what they got last weekend. I was impressed with their offense.

PurpleBlood87

So I wanted to find video of Okie Light's home run celebration ceremony with the stupid black hat presentation.
Searched for OSU baseball's twitter page and finally found the address and found out I was blocked by the page. Guess I must have called them Okie Light on twitter and been banned.

Found it on another Twitter account I have access too.

tcumaniac

So I wanted to find video of Okie Light's home run celebration ceremony with the stupid black hat presentation.
Searched for OSU baseball's twitter page and finally found the address and found out I was blocked by the page. Guess I must have called them Okie Light on twitter and been banned.

Not as cool as signing the ding dong box

jake102

I'm a bit surprised by that too. Those kids were tough outs. Tons of fisted bloopers, situational hits, and solid contact the other way. All are hallmarks of hitters who can handle pitches all over the zone. I swear half of the 18 hits they had Friday were really good pitches off the hands or off the end of the bat. They earned most of what they got last weekend. I was impressed with their offense.

Yeah I was super impressed by their hitters. Feel like they did the “bat on ball” concept better than we do. Fortunately we do the “don’t swing at balls (and some strikes)” much better than them and bomb the ball a little better

ftwfrog

That only works if the player that put the cowboy hat on his head says, “nice swing cowboy!!” And then gave him a gentle tap on the ass.

flyfishingfrog

Nowhere close to a train wreck and still nowhere close to expectations either.
That’s a stretch

you guys need to watch some other teams obviously

We just swept the #12 team in the country and put 30 plus runs on them - if our staff is that bad what do the staffs of the 200 teams below us look like?