• The KillerFrogs

Cumbie gonna Cumbie

PO Frog

You refer to playcalling, I gather. Perhaps he was. Maybe GMFP got tired of watching bubble screens get thrown for losses.

I do know that for whatever play was called, the execution of that play, from the blocking, to the mesh/pass, to the execution of the route, to the catch (in the unlikely event there was one), was lacking. The QB position itself, which was his own personal bailiwick, never seemed to develop anybody or address individual deficiencies in such a way as to improve them. In short, he seemed incapable of doing his job of developing and molding an offense due to a lack of teaching fundamentals and effective instruction.

Perhaps he does great at Tech. It's possible that the observations noted above were not the fault of Sonny, and that he has been scapegoated for a host of sins committed by others. It's possible...
This was really my issue as I don’t have much interest in the Xs and Os of today’s game. What I can and do appreciate is good execution, and I always thought we fell well short in that aspect. We hardly ever looked crisp and dropped way too many balls during Cumbie’s tenure for it to be a coincidence or bad luck. Missed blocks, dropped balls, receivers on top of each other and the like happened a lot over the last five years. I don’t know who is responsible for sloppiness, but the buck stops at the OC and ultimately the HC which is why I was more than ready for at least a change of titles.

Eight

Maybe Cumbie realizes that football is in fact a crypto fascist metaphor for nuclear war.

Did you ever consider that?

okay derrick​

tumblr_m580osiZxW1rwiyido1_400.png