• The KillerFrogs

The scrimmage thread

asleep003

No Miller today, huh(out w/injury.?.). Just as excited about him as Zack. Have Barlow penciled in as #3(and what a #3 !!)... and Foster #4(and what a #4 !!)... and Demercado at #5(and what a #5 !!) Loaded up for 2021 ground game, if we can put together 8 qualty Oline Uglies(nasty dirty and mean... with some smarts).

CryptoMiner

Also good mixture of experience and talent that hopefully Anderson can form together. We know where 3 of them will land ... its the other 2 spots and our rotation that will need the most attention.

#1s are set barring injury. Lanz was out but should be ready by fall.

4th. down

Morris looked quick with a very average arm. He is never going to challenge Max for the number one spot IMO. Max is bigger, faster, stronger, and throws a lot better ball. I am not sure Morris looked any better than #7.

Agree and we don't know what was wrong with Jackson but by the end of fall camp, believe Jackson could beat out Chandler and Downing for no. 2.......just too much athletic ability not to use him, at least for 4 games .

So....in the final analysis should fans expect to see substantial improvement

offensively and defensively or a recurrence of last season?

Last edited:

JugbandFrog

No Miller today, huh(out w/injury.?.). Just as excited about him as Zack. Have Barlow penciled in as #3(and what a #3 !!)... and Foster #4(and what a #4 !!)... and Demercado at #5(and what a #5 !!) Loaded up for 2021 ground game, if we can put together 8 qualty Oline Uglies(nasty dirty and mean... with some smarts).
I liked the TEs and H/ FBs on running plays. They did some good work today.

JugbandFrog

So....in the final analysis should fans expect to see substantial improvement

offensively and defensively? Are a recurrence of last season?
It looked vanilla because it’s the spring game, but what they showed was the base of a good offense. Timing pass plays, drags, posts, and some deep balls. (Duggan was no bueno on those deep throws today, which HE HAS to make to keep those safeties on their heels)

Atomic Frawg

It looked vanilla because it’s the spring game, but what they showed was the base of a good offense. Timing pass plays, drags, posts, and some deep balls. (Duggan was no bueno on those deep throws today, which HE HAS to make to keep those safeties on their heels)
Was there separation on the deep routes?

Froggish

I was at the game.. Off Line thoughts

Thought the 1st team OL pass blocked really well while their run blocking was pretty average. No push from the interior which is a concern.

-Coker looks improved with his footwork.

-Eze is a definite upgrade over Storment in the pass blocking game but his run push was just OK.

- Wes Harris looked rusty but was reliable

- Avilla looked just ok but nothing like GP hyped.

- LG was a rotation of Hickey and McMillon and neither were good. Not even close to good but were facing TCUs best DL in Cooper most the day. We badly need Lanz to be an upgrade there.

- 2nd team was Dike, Brown, Alston, Hayes, Nichols. I thought Hayes and Nichols were solid but they aren’t close yet to being ready for the B12. Everyone else is miles from contributing. Barlow, Guyton, and Coleman were out with injury so no idea.

Overall this should be a much improved OL but It didn’t look to me like the OL of a title contender