• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

netty2424

For the Peaky Blinders fans, Helen McCrory has passed away at 52 from cancer. Polly was a great character!
Peaky%20Blinders%20Polly.jpeg

Ron Swanson

I can't get enough of that.

We bought an Australian Shepherd about 5 months ago and she has some great herding instincts. As soon as she saw the cows, she went right after them. Amazing animals.
We just had to put our 13 year old Aussie down this week. It was rough on both of us, but particularly my wife who had him since he was a puppy, and he was her only friend when she moved to Houston. He was a sweet boy...

A few years back:

A789A03D-7165-4D94-AAF1-4F1088FF8EBC.jpeg

The day before we put him down:

F08AAEE6-DFD8-41E0-AB22-F67AB632643E.jpeg 2

netty2424

We just had to put our 13 year old Aussie down this week. It was rough on both of us, but particularly my wife who had him since he was a puppy, and he was her only friend when she moved to Houston. He was a sweet boy...

A few years back:

View attachment 8841

View attachment 8842 2
Sorry to hear that! When you have a good pup it’s tough to let them go.

We put our boxer down a few months ago. Best dog I’ve ever had. She was literally a perfect dog. Adopted her at 1 and she was 14 when we put her down.

ftwfrog

A few years back:

View attachment 8841

View attachment 8842 2
Sorry about the loss of a loved one. Dogs, we don’t deserve them.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)

A few years back:

View attachment 8841

View attachment 8842 2
What a sweet, sweet face. So sorry for your loss.

Purp

Another Baylor?

Kids sports has some absolutely horrible parents. Just this season in Mansfield baseball we've had 3 major fights break out that ended with police taking people away in cuffs. I wasn't there for any of them, but a couple of the youth in my church work our concessions stand and they've given me the play-by-plays.

My oldest plays 8U against several tournament teams in his league so I know we have those types of parents behind the other dougout in half the games we play so we're going to see it soon enough. One head coach took an automatic out one inning b/c he made his kid cry over not making a play in the field. Kid was so torn up he couldn't go to the plate so the ump assessed an out for skipping him in the order. The coach seemed unphased as if he did the right thing. Two of the teams bring kids in for week night games from 1-2 hours away. One of the clubs (the Bombers) flies kids in from Florida, California, Dominican, etc. for 10U and 12U tournaments.

As bad as our local baseball league can be, I have no doubt that AAU basketball is orders of magnitude worse. We go to church with most of our team so I'm highly confident our boys and their parents are on the same page, but it's just not worth that much effort to win at this age. All the boys play multiple sports year round so baseball isn't going to be that important to them right now that it should be their sole focus. If we weren't lucky enough to be with this team I'm not sure I'd keep my son in baseball for much longer. The teams we compete against take it way too seriously.

With all that said, we still finished 3rd in a 6 team league this season ahead of 2 of those tournament teams. I love that our boys keep getting better every season without having to put in professional type hours to get better.