• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Okie Lite Game 1

frogtex

Another bad move by CJS tonight.
Why is that move a bad move??? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY HITS THEIR NUMBER ONE RELIEVERVHAD GIVEN UP TO right handed hitters on the season???? Freaking TWO.....056 batting average....•lefty’s hit over 309 against him....did you see how he undressed sikes on three pitches,,,,,in CJS I trust,...totally ...he has more info than we do

Punter1

Why is that move a bad move??? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY HITS THEIR NUMBER ONE RELIEVERVHAD GIVEN UP TO right handed hitters on the season???? Freaking TWO.....056 batting average....•lefty’s hit over 309 against him....did you see how he undressed sikes on three pitches,,,,,in CJS I trust,...totally ...he has more info than we do

More info?? That was a gut call and a wrong one. If he used "info" he woulda realized Wolfe hits right handed pitchers over .083 points HIGHER than Shep. And he saw a ton more pitches tonight and was in a great rhythm with 2 hits.

Wolfe is the best hitter on the team right now and hits righties better than Shep who was sitting in a cold dugout for 4.5 hours. Schloss or Bill M was trying to get cute again and over coached.

It was a bad move and we all knew it as soon as he did it...

flyfishingfrog

Well we won - that’s the main objective
Did feel like a bit of over coaching from the get go - but then Schloss is typically so “by the book” for most things and rarely makes a change - like having a set line up super early in the season - that it is just a bit shocking when he make a change, much less 5 at the same time

I don’t mind him trying new things - might have preferred Tues over Fri but I like that he is trying to get the most from the team

I also think he has a problem in that he has more than a couple of guys that deserve some playing time but no where to put them without taking out another guy that deserves the time

Shep, Porter, Henry - all those guys are real threats at the plate but you have sit some combo of Wolfe, Taylor, Rodgers, Boyles, Nunez, Wood or even Sikes to make it happen

none of those guys are someone I want on the bench yet we only have 9 spots - good and bad problem to have and trying to guess who is going to be hot tonight seems like playing with fire

Pharm Frog

Didn’t need a hit. I trust him too except when he over-coaches.

froglash88

I’m surprised on how critical some posters are of CJS. While there are times I would have liked to see a different decision, I still think he is one of the best.

I just know from coaching HS and college sports that sometimes things have happened or exist that only the coaches and maybe players know about. I also know the coaches make mistakes or wish they would have gone with plan A instead of plan B. Overall CJS has been amazing for our program.

Here’s hoping he makes all the right decisions in today’s win.