• The KillerFrogs

Jeremiah Donati is a Spineless, [ muschi ]

Pharm Frog

Honest question... who here has wanted to go to a baseball game, but has not been able to because they could not get a ticket?

I feel like this is a very minor issue to a non-issue.

Me. And many more. When you see a tweet saying that there's "a limited number of GA tickets available" the day of or the day of the game, it doesn't give you much reason to even look other than on the secondary market. Anyone who has to travel a distance that requires pre-planning has little incentive to even try.

My son wanted to bring down several of his former teammates to this weekend's games because they know several of these players. He isn't even trying with the publicized 35% capacity. Would have been about 6-7 fans.

Technically, I probably could have gotten tickets but wasn't gonna pay the price on the secondary market and not know where I would sit. And yes...I've called the ticket office several times.

Last edited:

tcumaniac

Honest question... who here has wanted to go to a baseball game, but has not been able to because they could not get a ticket?

I want to go to a baseball game and sit in my normal season tickets... not feel like I'm breaking rules by "sneaking" into the reserved seats and hoping I'm not asked to leave... or having to bring a lawn chair and fight for real estate in the outfield.

There's really no excuse they couldn't have given season ticket holders their seats back as soon as the state capacity limit was lifted (this is exactly what Tech and many SEC schools did)

Bob Sugar

As I mentioned on this topic in the past, a TCU faculty member told me this is at least partly driven by the liberal faculty. They were pissed at Abbott for lifting restrictions (and probably are as confused as Fauci about the bodies not piling up yet) and threatened to go back to virtual teaching if TCU opened up more.

Pharm Frog

While I am not a big Donati fan, I am not sure what is so wrong with the tweet.

Try this:

Hi! I am a handsomely compensated leader of a P5 athletic department and I am impotent to create change in the face of an unspecified group or individual. I want something just like you do but I'm a permission seeker so you'll need to wait it out as I defer to others to lead my department. And, I'm going to use the pronoun "we" instead of owning the issue in front of me.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Exactly. I mean, who on here really believes that Donati is anything more than a (rather pathetic) figurehead who doesn't have the power to make any but the most inconsequential decisions?

flyfishingfrog

If you look at the facebook groups for TCU tickets sales/exchanges - there are a dozen asks for tickets in the last couple of series that were never answered. I offered mine up for the one game no one in my family could attend and had 10 requests for them in as many minutes.

Obviously no idea if those other people found seats another way - but most asks for seats have no responses or offers really.

I have tried to find additional seats beyond my seats for 3 different games this year by culling my network and been only successful for one. was shocked by how many of my friends didn't even get their season tickets this year because they didn't want to deal with the situation I guess.

I don't think it is a lack of unused tickets -but it is more that people that aren't using them are not actively trying to give them to others (common problem in our top PP accounts) and the school doesn't provide any means beyond stubhub to market a need or availability really. And stubhub sucks on both ends so the only people that seem to use it are resellers that have the entire season posted already for insane prices.

But I would guess if we had a really easy way for a person to call and see if anyone of the hundreds of ticket holders that are not going tonight would be willing to sell their seats - you would see a pretty high demand for tickets by people that don't even know where to start looking at this point.

And the "give your reserved seats to the ticket office for exchange" thing is a total failure. My son's seats this season are GA and he has asked 45-60 minutes before each game he attend (about 75% so far) and has yet to be told anyone turned in reserved seats for exchange....but yet the vast majority of reserved seats that are filled are filled with students, not the season ticket holder.

Last edited:

flyfishingfrog

Exactly. I mean, who on here really believes that Donati is anything more than a (rather pathetic) figurehead who doesn't have the power to make any but the most inconsequential decisions?
empty suit...should have a disclaimer on the bottom of his tweets that say "JD is a paid spokesman for TCU but is not an actual user/decision maker of the product being endorsed."

ShreveFrog

Me. Well, wasn’t willing to pay Stubhub price to sit by right field foul pole. So I wont be making the trip for spring football/baseball. Or any other baseball at TCU this season apparently.

GoFrog Yourself

I accept their decision for this season. However, I do hope if we host a regional that they will open more seats up in the grandstand. In the meantime, if you haven't been vaccinated do so now. Those extra eyes and arms I've grown since I've got mine have really come in handy.
Mine extra arms fell off after my second shot. Makes me wonder if anything else will fall off if I have to get a booster

ftwfrog

I think a lot of people are having problems getting tix because other than dropping $50 a ticket in stubhub - it’s not easy to find tickets if you didn’t get season tickets when they were available
In a big series, in a normal season, it’s hard to find seats vs. OSU, Tech or UT. GA different story.

I did see a tweet that there are a few walk ups available for this weekend and also tickets close to $20 on stubhub. Hope it clears up a little for this evening.

flyfishingfrog

In a big series, in a normal season, it’s hard to find seats vs. OSU, Tech or UT. GA different story.

I did see a tweet that there are a few walk ups available for this weekend and also tickets close to $20 on stubhub. Hope it clears up a little for this evening.
So far this season when they have had walk ups they have sold them pretty quickly

hoping it clears up also so we don’t start Big Russ and then have rain delay issues that cause him to have to come out early

ftwfrog

So far this season when they have had walk ups they have sold them pretty quickly

hoping it clears up also so we don’t start Big Russ and then have rain delay issues that cause him to have to come out early
Forecast is for it to stop raining, with about a 10% chance the rest of the evening. Just wondering how soaked the field is. My guess is, if we start this evening, we’ll finish.

flyfishingfrog

Forecast is for it to stop raining, with about a 10% chance the rest of the evening. Just wondering how soaked the field is. My guess is, if we start this evening, we’ll finish.
Our grounds crew has worked some miracles and our field drains well - so let’s hope it is ending with the rain

Wexahu

arguably the most overpaid staff member at TCU

No, he's not.

One of the people that "reports to him" (tongue firmly in cheek) makes 3-4x what he does coaching what some believe to be almost a niche sport nowadays. That person is almost inarguably the most overpaid staff member at TCU.

And I haven't been very impressed with the AD at all. Seemed like almost a give-up hire.

GoFrog Yourself

No, he's not.

One of the people that "reports to him" (tongue firmly in cheek) makes 3-4x what he does coaching what some believe to be almost a niche sport nowadays. That person is almost inarguably the most overpaid staff member at TCU.

And I haven't been very impressed with the AD at all. Seemed like almost a give-up hire.
Are you talking about the sport where Baylor tried to cover up rape or the sport where Baylor tried to cover up murder? I assume you’re not talking about the sport where Baylor players used to skin cats