• The KillerFrogs

If you could pick....

Bob Sugar

tenor.gif

East Coast

Tier 1
Williams is kinda the poster boy for great players don't always make good coaches. Regarded by some as the greatest hitter in the history of baseball, Williams just could not coach how to hit. From what I have read he was a well below average hitting coach.
I don't think he had the patience to coach properly. However, he did talk up launch angle (though he didn't call it that), over 50 years before it came into vogue. The man just understood hitting.

Another little known nugget on Williams. He was bi-racial; his mother was Mexican.

Spike

As far as TCU guys go, I'll have to say Scott Ankrom. He as a phenomenal talent until he tore up his knee against SMU. He put more DBs on the ground with his moves than I have ever seen. Still holds the record with the longest pass play (99 yds, Ankrom to Maness) for TCU.

This was my thought. Was there for the 99 yard pass v Rice in 1984

Punter1

Showtime Joe 2.0

My favorite QB of all time: Broadway Joe Namath.

His knee problems started in college at Alabama and were so severe that he was ruled medically ineligible for the Vietnam War draft while just a rookie with the Jets. Still, he went on to play 13 seasons in the AFL/NFL and was the MVP in the greatest upset victory in Super Bowl history.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Was actually thinking of him...but I'm a minor league baseball junkie.

So here's my name(s): Juan Gonzales and Ruben Sierra

Juan absolutely destroys the home run record, even faster than Griffey, if he doesn't get on the juice and get injured and Ruben gets to 3,000 hits, 600 HRs.
Juan was great and then he just broke down. Will never forget that 96 playoff series he had against the skankees. He was lights out.