• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: Big 12 eliminating intraconference transfer rule

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Big 12 eliminating intraconference transfer rule

By DEAN STRAKA

The Big 12 Conference is eliminating its policy that bars student-athletes from seeking immediate eligibility when transferring to another institution with the conference, multiple outlets reported on Wednesday. The reported decision comes in the aftermath of a report on Wednesday that the NCAA Division I Council approved a motion to let all student-athletes transfer once with immediate eligibility at their new school.

As outlined by Big 12 bylaws, the existing rule has required that intraconference transfers "complete one full academic year in residence before being eligible to compete in a sport and forfeit one season of competition unless, in sports other than football or basketball, the director of athletics of the Conference Member Institution of initial enrollment consents in writing to the student-athlete’s enrollment at the second Conference Member Institution."

Read more at https://247sports.com/Article/big-1...lines-Chandler-Morris-eligibility--164173572/

BABYFACE

I think players should sit one year no matter where they transfer, but the NCAA one time transfer rule has made an inter conference penalty basically null and void. It would be hard to keep in place now.

I don’t like the change and think it is a not positive for college athletics, but that is moot from here on out.

froginaustin

I have no idea what the "right" solution to limiting or not limiting athletes' transfers, but I know damn well that any conference that limits intraconference transfers as the transfer situation seems to be today, risks having its programs turned into farm leagues for SECSEC. Particularly the schools in that conference not named Alabama, Georgia, or LSU.