• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

Pharm Frog

Somewhat stunningly, the Frogs only fell one spot after last nights win. On the other hand, Okie Lite moved up two spots after cancelling their game with Oral Roberts before the end of the 5th inning. Smart and yet so dumb.

Frogs will have some RPI building opportunities upcoming with Okie Lite (#9) and UT (#17) presently but not so much with WVU (98), KSU and ULM (in the 100’s). Just win games. Need two of three this weekend.

PurpleBlood87

Be prepared for a modified series schedule this weekend. Weather looks ugly for Friday.

Maybe a 1 pm start on Saturday for a doubleheader?
Can't see them starting earlier because of the Spring game.
Also don't want to start a game Friday and have it resume the next day and lose a Smith start.

flyfishingfrog

Tbat was the best swing he’s taken since coming back. He had a pretty good swing in Stephenville on a ball to LCF but this one looked much more assertive. Hope it felt okay. A ball going 407’ should help how it feels.
is it like golf where you don't feel the pure ones like the 280 yd drive with a slight draw that feels like you swung through air? never hit a baseball that well in my life, so have no idea.

Pharm Frog

Maybe a 1 pm start on Saturday for a doubleheader?
Can't see them starting earlier because of the Spring game.
Also don't want to start a game Friday and have it resume the next day and lose a Smith start.

There is no spring game and even if there was it should have less than zero bearing on when a baseball game starts. That said...anything that compresses a series makes it that much more important for our starters to stay on the bump. Wouldn’t have thought that pre-season.

Pharm Frog

is it like golf where you don't feel the pure ones like the 280 yd drive with a slight draw that feels like you swung through pure air? never hit a baseball that pure in my life, so have no idea.

The longest HR I ever hit (Nederland)...I don’t even recall making contact. It was like the bat just redirected air. My son said the same thing about a HR he hit in Tahlequah that they said was over 440’. Didn’t feel it. But I was mainly referring to him feeling the shoulder.

And I don’t think I’ve ever connected well on a golf ball so no metaphor from me on that

flyfishingfrog

The longest HR I ever hit (Nederland)...I don’t even recall making contact. It was like the bat just redirected air. My son said the same thing about a HR he hit in Tahlequah that they said was over 440’. Didn’t feel it. But I was mainly referring to him feeling the shoulder.

And I don’t think I’ve ever connected well on a golf ball so no metaphor from me on that
its the same feeling when you actually fully compress a golf ball against the trampoline effect of a driver face.....

I watched a few baseball games for my wife's family at that field in Tahlequah - bet your son hit someone's truck bed with a shot that long...

Pharm Frog

its the same feeling when you actually fully compress a golf ball against the trampoline effect of a driver face.....

I watched a few baseball games for my wife's family at that field in Tahlequah - bet your son hit someone's truck bed with a shot that long...

Hit it over the power lines across the road. But he always pissed me off when he’d park his Tundra outside the left field fence. The Tundra I paid for and still supplement the insurance on. Jackass kid.

Paint It Purple

is it like golf where you don't feel the pure ones like the 280 yd drive with a slight draw that feels like you swung through air? never hit a baseball that well in my life, so have no idea.
A no doubter wood bat HR is not the same as pure’ing a 4 iron or the driver. Maybe if the golf ball was coming at you at 90 mph and you square it up going the opposite direction 300 yards. A no doubter wood bat HR feel starts in your hands and goes to your soul. In between your ears hear a sound that I’m pretty sure goes to the same region of the brain as sex. Can’t speak to aluminum bats.