• The KillerFrogs

Baseball vs Tarleton St

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Quilter....Nunez got HBP. And now Nunez gets thrown out trying to advance on a pitch so immediately Sikes drills a double and we have Sikes on 2B with one out.
I believe it is some kind of immutable Law of Baseball that after a pickoff, or CS, the batter will get a base knock.

Pharm Frog

One of two things is true.... it was either idiotic to start him or idiotic to take him out. Both involve a bad coaching decision.

I was still at church when all of that happened but did the reliever get unlimited pitches from the game mound to warm up? If not, it wasn't an injury. I can't imagine it was an injury anyway if there were two mound visits involved.

PurpleBlood87

One of two things is true.... it was either idiotic to start him or idiotic to take him out. Both involve a bad coaching decision.

Maybe it was idiotic to hit the first batter then walk the next one. The only out he got was thanks to a sacrifice bunt.
Much of the blame rests on Brown's shoulder.
It's pretty clear, CJS has little patience with some pitcher's.

PurpleBlood87

I was still at church when all of that happened but did the reliever get unlimited pitches from the game mound to warm up? If not, it wasn't an injury. I can't imagine it was an injury anyway if there were two mound visits involved.

He wasn't hurt. CJS made no motion to the home plate umpire that he wanted to check on his pitcher. CJS was walking to fast to make any moves.

LoudFrog

Sometimes you have to let them gain some confidence. Let them struggle let them be on the island all alone. Patterson is terrible with kickers, you can’t pull them after they miss. It’s the same with pitchers, you’ve got to let them go through the process. These kids all have good stuff, they need confidence. Let them have a couple bad innings and then figure it out. Having people with conference next month is much better than getting a win right now