• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Tech Game 3

MadFrog

This pitching staff won’t get us out of regionals. Outside of Russ and Green who do we have? Lots of mediocre players.

I think King and Ray are sometimes adequate. I just wish the rest of the bullpen were as good as "mediocre". You are right though, we do not have enough dependable pitching to make a run in the NCAAs.

Pharm Frog

Is our pitching depth anywhere close to where we’d hoped or expected? Of course not. But once again I’m convinced that too many people only watch TCU baseball games and have little to no feel for what other teams bring to the table when they start talking about “not being able to get out of regionals” and stuff. The Frogs are currently ranked 8th in RPI with the 11th hardest strength of schedule and are 22-9 after losing a series at at Top 10 competitors ballpark 1-2 with one lost game going into extra innings. No...our pitching has not been lights out but I think you’ll find that its still in the Top 40 of all D1 baseball despite playing that 11th hardest schedule and playing in two jokes of ballparks this past week. I think you’ll also find that many of the staffs rated ahead of the Frogs are with programs that are at best 3 and done teams at any regional site in the country. No guarantee that this team gets out of a regional. Never is. And if we get sent to Fayetteville or Nashville or someplace like that I’d say that our odds aren’t good. But I’d also say that the hosts would be greatly pissed.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Is our pitching depth anywhere close to where we’d hoped or expected? Of course not. But once again I’m convinced that too many people only watch TCU baseball games and have little to no feel for what other teams bring to the table when they start talking about “not being able to get out of regionals” and stuff. The Frogs are currently ranked 8th in RPI with the 11th hardest strength of schedule and are 22-9 after losing a series at at Top 10 competitors ballpark 1-2 with one lost game going into extra innings. No...our pitching has not been lights out but I think you’ll find that its still in the Top 40 of all D1 baseball despite playing that 11th hardest schedule and playing in two jokes of ballparks this past week. I think you’ll also find that many of the staffs rated ahead of the Frogs are with programs that are at best 3 and done teams at any regional site in the country. No guarantee that this team gets out of a regional. Never is. And if we get sent to Fayetteville or Nashville or someplace like that I’d say that our odds aren’t good. But I’d also say that the hosts would be greatly pissed.
Rational thought is not allowed.

Frogs basically played that series to a draw with a top ten team. The score in game three wasn’t as bad as it looked considering CJS threw in the towel after the 2 on, no outs, fail to plate a run inning.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Respectfully, it isn't so much the pitching, it's the quality of the defense and amount of errors/bad plays behind the pitchers that is causing far more anxiety than it otherwise ought to. The confidence just ain't there. JMHO.

Pharm Frog

Respectfully, it isn't so much the pitching, it's the quality of the defense and amount of errors/bad plays behind the pitchers that is causing far more anxiety than it otherwise ought to. The confidence just ain't there. JMHO.

We’re 55th in country in fielding percentage and just .002 from being in the Top 40. This team that just “thrashed” the Frogs as some claim is 110th. And better than Vandy. Better than Ole Miss. Better than Miss State...the pinnacle of all things college baseball. Are we perfect...nope...that ain’t baseball. But we’re far far away from being bad. That said, to this point of the season I’d say Arkie is the best, most well-rounded program I’ve seen. Still might take Vandy over Arkie in best 2 of 3.