• The KillerFrogs

TCU v TTU baseball game 2

ftwfrog

It’s pretty obvious. ADJD needs to take a good look in the mirror and solve two huge problems. I won’t name names, but they rhyme with Slim Bossnaggle and Birk Parloos. Enough is enough!!

SuperTFrog

It’s pretty obvious. ADJD needs to take a good look in the mirror and solve two huge problems. I won’t name names, but they rhyme with Slim Bossnaggle and Birk Parloos. Enough is enough!!
Please tell me you are joking. We have a top ten baseball team that is in first place on the conference.

SuperTFrog

First you attack Maniac and then you don't get obvious sarcasm....you've had yourself a Saturday homie.
You never know on this board. Attacking Maniac and everyone else for their negativity is not something I’ll shy away from. My brother played ball at TCU and was first team all conference. He busted his ass all day everyday for the Frogs and was really good. Listening to a bunch of internet heroes who couldn’t sniff a college scholarship rip him didn’t sit well then and doesn’t sit well now. There is so much negativity from so many of you it is sickening. Sports are really freaking hard. That is why 99% on this board didn’t play in college.

I didn’t either. I won’t get on someone for execution, but I’ll get on someone for effort. If someone turns it over in basketball and doesn’t get back on defense, that is inexcusable. If someone turns the ball over trying to set up a teammate for a layup...that [ Finebaum ] happens.

Punter1

You never know on this board. Attacking Maniac and everyone else for their negativity is not something I’ll shy away from. My brother played ball at TCU and was first team all conference. He busted his ass all day everyday for the Frogs and was really good. Listening to a bunch of internet heroes who couldn’t sniff a college scholarship rip him didn’t sit well then and doesn’t sit well now. There is so much negativity from so many of you it is sickening. Sports are really freaking hard. That is why 99% on this board didn’t play in college.

I didn’t either. I won’t get on someone for execution, but I’ll get on someone for effort. If someone turns it over in basketball and doesn’t get back on defense, that is inexcusable. If someone turns the ball over trying to set up a teammate for a layup...that [ #2020 ] happens.

Purp....where ya at?

flyfishingfrog

I didn’t either. I won’t get on someone for execution, but I’ll get on someone for effort. If someone turns it over in basketball and doesn’t get back on defense, that is inexcusable. If someone turns the ball over trying to set up a teammate for a layup...that [ #2020 ] happens.
Maybe you should not “fan forum”....

SuperTFrog

Maybe you should not “fan forum”....
I typically stay away from game threads as they are the worst. I wasn’t able to watch this and the Baseball Twitter feed is slow on updates so I was following on here.

While I am certainly willing to look in the mirror and understand fan forums aren’t a good fit for me at times. I wonder if the people trashing our student athletes continually are willing to do the same.

flyfishingfrog

I typically stay away from game threads as they are the worst. I wasn’t able to watch this and the Baseball Twitter feed is slow on updates so I was following on here.

While I am certainly willing to look in the mirror and understand fan forums aren’t a good fit for me at times. I wonder if the people trashing our student athletes continually are willing to do the same.
Well there is probably a middle ground

I get sports are hard and at the current D1 level - frankly a lot harder than when I played

I have 3 kids that played sports at a D1 level and they all had good games and bad games- but to be honest they were harder on themselves than anyone else ever could have been - especially a total stranger

they knew when they needed to step it up and what is expected of them at this level without being told by anyone really- which is why coaches don’t dwell too much on bad performances unless they have productive advice

a member of my extended family plays on the team at TCU now and I promise you - he isn’t reading the game threads on this board ever because he just doesn’t give a crap

I think family’s members - particularly parents- are best ignoring fans because I would almost guarantee your brother could not have cared less what some guy on a message board said - but it really gets to family members.

it’s like the hecklers in the stands - if some fat guy in flip flops is getting to you as a D1 athlete, you probably need to worry more about getting mentally stronger rather then expect it to go away. But man it will get a mom worked up fast for sure...

LisaLT

I get sports are hard and at the current D1 level - frankly a lot harder than when I played

I have 3 kids that played sports at a D1 level and they all had good games and bad games- but to be honest they were harder on themselves than anyone else ever could have been - especially a total stranger

they knew when they needed to step it up and what is expected of them at this level without being told by anyone really- which is why coaches don’t dwell too much on bad performances unless they have productive advice

a member of my extended family plays on the team at TCU now and I promise you - he isn’t reading the game threads on this board ever because he just doesn’t give a crap

I think family’s members - particularly parents- are best ignoring fans because I would almost guarantee your brother could not have cared less what some guy on a message board said - but it really gets to family members.

it’s like the hecklers in the stands - if some fat guy in flip flops is getting to you as a D1 athlete, you probably need to worry more about getting mentally stronger rather then expect it to go away. But man it will get a mom worked up fast for sure...
So true.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I seem to remember a MLB player who was asked in a post-game presser if he could hear the home fans booing him. He replied, "Did you see the way I was playing out there? If I was in the stands, I'd have booed me, too!"

SuperTFrog

FYI - My brother loved hecklers at road games. He would always say that people only heckle you of you’re good.

PurpleBlood87

Download the Riff Ram App.
You rarely get score updates on here.
There use to be people in years past who would recap each half inning. Not so much anymore.