• The KillerFrogs

Paul in uhh

Giving TCU the benefit of the doubt, hopefully that survey they sent out to season ticket holders asking people's comfort level attending at different capacities was just them taking the opportunity to check the pulse of the fan base.

Surely, they're not still contemplating whether or not to open at 100% in the fall.
I bet they are. I fully believe they should open at 100% but our school cares very very very very very much about what the media thinks about it. They will do what the woke media tells them to do.

Purp

They just sent out a survey. My response was was that I don’t give a crap about COVID safety. Open that place up.
For the question about how comfortable you are at various capacity percentages I put extremely comfortable at 100%, neither comfortable nor uncomfortable at 50%, extremely uncomfortable at 25%, and extremely comfortable with tailgating and shuttles returning.

PurpleBlood87

Giving TCU the benefit of the doubt, hopefully that survey they sent out to season ticket holders asking people's comfort level attending at different capacities was just them taking the opportunity to check the pulse of the fan base.

Surely, they're not still contemplating whether or not to open at 100% in the fall.

I'll wager they have a couple of socially distanced sections just like the Rangers have.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Just talked to what sounded like a female student ... she said seating options will revert back to what you had in 2019 and said they are expecting to go to full capacity.

I also sent in the survey and said open it all up.

netty2424

There’s always multiple reasons behind surveys like this and checking the pulse is number one.

Let’s not kid ourselves and act like this stadium will even be remotely full even if they do open up to 100%. Fan apathy has been extremely high in recent years. I think it’s a waste of energy to worry about what percentage they end up with.

Quite frankly, they should allow the upper decks for those who would like to social distance. There’s plenty of real estate up there as is.

stbrab

For the question about how comfortable you are at various capacity percentages I put extremely comfortable at 100%, neither comfortable nor uncomfortable at 50%, extremely uncomfortable at 25%, and extremely comfortable with tailgating and shuttles returning.
I did the same, except I didn’t respond at all to the 50% or 25% options.

Dogfrog

There’s always multiple reasons behind surveys like this and checking the pulse is number one.

Let’s not kid ourselves and act like this stadium will even be remotely full even if they do open up to 100%. Fan apathy has been extremely high in recent years. I think it’s a waste of energy to worry about what percentage they end up with.

Quite frankly, they should allow the upper decks for those who would like to social distance. There’s plenty of real estate up there as is.

A primary reason for a survey like this is pure CYA. They will be able to use the survey results to justify whatever they do, knowing some people will be angry no matter what they do.

tcumaniac

I thought about doing the same thing, but didn't want them to have any ammo to say "some people still aren't even comfortable with 25%." Not that it'll ultimately matter. Comfort level at 100% is really the only relevant data point.

tcumaniac

While my brain agrees with you, my heart is still wanting to believe that we're going 15-0 and by the Texas game on October 2nd, we'll be playing in front of a sold out house every week.

Last edited:

Dogfrog

I did the same, except I didn’t respond at all to the 50% or 25% options.

yea, the way that question is phrased leaves lots of wiggle room, if many people answer 100% comfortable on every option. With that scenario they could pick a capacity level and say a majority picked it.

OmniscienceFrog

The Ticket Office TCUManiac Hotline

tumblr_on0vk0b4Wd1vkjvs5o1_500.gif
Yes Commissioner!?

Last edited: