• The KillerFrogs

Lubbock Avalanche-Journal: No. 10 Red Raiders host No. 9 TCU in big-time conference clash

Pharm Frog

I would love to stand at the plate and see what Green has that no one can hit.

Part of the problem for righties is they drift over to match his angle and have the visual of all that movement between their eyes and the release point. They drift and he ties them up under their own forearms. Lefties are seeing the ball released from an angle that makes it appears it’s being thrown by the first baseman. But from what I saw Tuesday from right behind the plate Haylen still has sink as well as run on his pitches.

Pharm Frog

Command and deception. He creates some VERY unique angles. And on top of that he has decent stuff to begin with.

My dad said he brings it by way of Port Arthur. And I love to watch righties either drift to cover or force themselves to stay back and get picked apart on the outside third. Lots of “thinking” going on...you can almost hear the batters talking to themselves

Purp

That fly over Sikes’ head. Anyone know if an outfielder can tell without looking that he’s hit the “warning track” on these all artificial fields? Or does it feel the same, just a different color?
It's no different and, as an outfielder, I think it's so dumb. No way I'd want that to be my home park. Only way to avoid a collision with the wall is teammates shouting at you.

Moose Stuff

That feeling when your bullpen is wasted after one day because your head coach moved your successful Friday starter to Sunday, moved your most reliable reliever into the Friday starter role, bumped your Sunday starter completely out of the rotation, and then blew him for the entire weekend by using him for 5 innings in a game you lost by 4.

This is more or less the Tech version of us starting Haylen, relieving him with Ray, and getting our asses kicked.... and their asshat social media account thinks it's "big time".

Last edited:

Bill Bozeat

That feeling when your bullpen is wasted after one day because your head coach moved your successful Friday starter to Sunday, moved your most reliable reliever into the Friday starter role, bumped your Sunday starter completely out of the rotation, and then blew him for the entire weekend by using him for 5 innings in a game you lost by 4.

This is more or less the Tech version of us starting Haylen, relieving him with Ray, and losing by 4..... and their asshat social media account thinks it's "big time".

First Baylor now Tech your on a roll tonight. Hope Texas pisses you off next