• The KillerFrogs

Jaedon LeDee enters portal

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
some of this is true, but there are still programs with kids that are coached hard and those programs do keep the bulk of their roster for a long enough period of time for players to get developed and a coherent system put into place

yes, there are a number of kids in the portal this year because this year doesn't count, but the major roster turnover has been happening prior to this year

if samuel does leave the program you will have no players on this roster who were brought in before 2019. they continue to start over each year and the only programs i can think of that are doing that are programs laden with 1 and done talent and that isn't the case with the frogs
I would think that, with kids staying or going, it depends on the kid. The Pampered 5* Primadonna will not fit anywhere. The gym-rat grinder will fit in anywhere. I have no read anymore on "kids these days" and the need for immediate self-gratification prevalent in these sad times, but there are still good kids out there, and the inability of the current staff to evaluate players, needs, personalities, style, and all the myriad variables that make up team chemistry is bewildering. I am willing to cut Dixon all kinds of slack, but it is exasperating to behold...

y2kFrog

"but as with many of our players he’s inability to shoot made it impossible to be on the court much"

one could contend the frogs struggled to have 5 guys on the court who could consistently shoot the basketball

Yep. Until JD changes the type of player he’s recruiting, it’s not going to get better.

CryptoMiner

Potential transfers in:

Chandler Lawson PF Oregon (virtual visit yesterday) 4.4 PPG
Xavier Cork PF Western Carolina 12.7 PPG 6.1 RPG
Parker Fox (other thread)
Stanley Umede F South Dakota avg 21.6 pts and 7 reb pg
Shahada Wells PG UTA 17 points, 4.5 assists, and two steals pg

Eight

I would think that, with kids staying or going, it depends on the kid. The Pampered 5* Primadonna will not fit anywhere. The gym-rat grinder will fit in anywhere. I have no read anymore on "kids these days" and the need for immediate self-gratification prevalent in these sad times, but there are still good kids out there, and the inability of the current staff to evaluate players, needs, personalities, style, and all the myriad variables that make up team chemistry is bewildering. I am willing to cut Dixon all kinds of slack, but it is exasperating to behold...

sorry, but the amount of churn in the frogs basketball program makes saban and bama committed to their recruits

tetonfrog

Then why were they here?

the best we could get at the time? Curious to see who takes his place & if he can contribute right away. Wonder if CJD rolls the dice on another transfer or gets a high school baller. Would think that lots of PT & shots are open in the fall.

CryptoMiner

Potential transfers in:

Wells is in and a huge PU

Eight

Wells is in and a huge PU

wells is a 40% three point shooter who can play some point, a bit short and don't know anything about the defensive ability of the two new transfers

makes things a bit crowded in the back court and curious what happens with farabello, fuller, and todd

personally a huge pick up would be a legit four to fill that hole, but agree a player with the potential to score consistently from the outside is needed on this roster

Paul in uhh

wells is a 40% three point shooter who can play some point, a bit short and don't know anything about the defensive ability of the two new transfers

makes things a bit crowded in the back court and curious what happens with farabello, fuller, and todd

personally a huge pick up would be a legit four to fill that hole, but agree a player with the potential to score consistently from the outside is needed on this roster
If he averaged 17/game at UTA it means we finally have someone besides Mike Miles who can score. HALLELUJAH.

CryptoMiner

Potential transfers in:

2 down 3 to go....